Need prayers and medical info, please!

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by grannyofalot, Jun 30, 2003.

1. grannyofalot

grannyofalot New Member

My son has just finished his first 8 wks of Army training at Ft. Benning. He became very sick last week with what he thought was just a cold or allergies, and tried not to seek help, fearing he'd be put behind. He finally was made to go to the hospital where they prescribed z-pac, and took a chest xray. With the chest xray, they found his hilum is the size of a racket ball. He was told it is suppose to be the size of a pencil. I cannot find any info in any research I've done on what this could mean. I only got a description of "the hilum is the area where bronchi, vessels, nerves connect to each lung." His enlarged one is the left one. They told him they'd pull him out one day this week to take him for a CAT scan. Needless to say, I and my daughter in law are basket cases right now. It is almost impossible to get any kind of info from my son, since they are not allowed to communicate with anyone! (We wouldn't have even known about this, but he happened to get a 5 hr pass and wife drove the 7 hrs to see him!)

Anyway.... any medical info anyone can help me with would be greatly appreciated. And, your prayers certainly will be!!!

Blessings on y'all too.

Granny
  2. Dara

Dara New Member

I've never heard of this at all. Could it be something that was enlarged because he was sick? I'm sorry I can't be of help to you, but you most certainly will be in my thoughts and I will be hoping that everything is OK.

There's nothing worse than having one of your children or grandchildren sick. My daughter had Leukemia at age 23 and I would have traded places with her gladly. Young poeple shouldn't have to go through ordeals like this.

I hope everything turns out OK,

Dara
  3. Mrs. B

Mrs. B New Member

But, I am praying for you and your family.

God bless,
    Lisa
  4. grannyofalot

grannyofalot New Member

Thank you all for trying and for all the prayers. I was really hoping that the swelling was from all the congestion or something simple. But, a dr. friend of my dil, was quite concerned when she asked him about it. He is suspecting an aneurysm. I think what added fuel to the fire, so to speak, was when she finally got to see Timothy, he informed her that several of the recruits have died in the last few weeks from heat exhaustion. I was sure hoping things had changed from when we were in during the Viet Nam war, but I guess they're still in the dark ages when it comes to treating our military. I was thinking that if one of us had had an xray like that, they'd have sent us straight over for a CT scan. Can't help but wonder why they've waited on his.
    Oh well, this is longer than I'd planned.. Just wanted to say thanks for all the prayers. I'll try to keep you all posted.

Gentle Hugs! Granny
  5. grannyofalot

grannyofalot New Member

Thanks y'all!
  6. dd

dd New Member

I can't imagine what you must be going thru right now...especially not being able to be by his side.

We can pray though, and pray is what I will do from afar for your precious son and for you too, Mom.

Sending warm (((HUGS))) your way.

Peace and Love,

Debbie
  7. grannyofalot

grannyofalot New Member

Thank you Debbie!

My pastor says he fully believes that a mother's prayers are the most powerful ones, and that we moms have to help each other pray. Makes sense to me, too.

Although Timothy is married, he is still momma's baby... of course, he doesn't understand that yet. lol He's a one of a kind.. and succeeds in everything he sets out to do. But, he felt led to do this for his country and feels very strongly about it. He is one of the older ones in his "unit" and it seems alot of them come to him for prayers and advice. (He used to be a youth minister) and he is an EMT, so I guess he thought he could "self-treat". Now, he needs the prayers from them, too. Oh... he has gotten his assignment to Ft. Campbell and will be 101st Airborne Assault, which was his goal. That is if he doesn't get a medical discharge. We're hoping that they will not deploy him till after Dec. because his first baby is due then.

Well, I'm rattling on like a nervous Mother, aren't I? I do appreciate all the prayers and (((HUGS)))... especially from warm, sunshiny FL!

Granny

p.s. I pulled up your bio... you are beautiful and radiant! You have some good looking boys, too!
  8. babyblues68

babyblues68 New Member

I'm pray for you and your family. I tried to do some research for you. I couldn't really pin point anything down. If you need anything email me... jcamp@midsouth.rr.com . Maybe we could have coffee if you need someone to talk to, that's one way we could get our support going.

Tammy
  9. grannyofalot

grannyofalot New Member

Still haven't heard anything. I've spent hrs. on this computer trying to research. Crazy!

I'd like very much to meet you one day. You're right, maybe one of these days, we'll get that support group up and running... well... sorta shuffling along anyway... don't know about you, but I don't run much any more. lol!

Hope you are feeling much better by now and have gotten the tests, etc. that you need. Keep us posted.

I am having to go tonight for a sleep study as per the cardiologist. Definately not my idea. If I can't sleep in my own bed, don't know how I can sleep in a hospital bed with wires sticking all over me. Oh well, guess they can deal with that, huh?

Have a great day, and thanks again for the prayers.

Carol
  10. grannyofalot

grannyofalot New Member

11. babyblues68

babyblues68 New Member

Be sure to update us with your results. I've always wanted to do one of those so the doctor's I see really know I don't sleep well at all. I hope yours turns out with good results.

We're praying for your son.

I'm still waiting for results.

Tammy
  12. dd

dd New Member

I haven't seen you post in a couple of days. Have you heard anything about Timothy yet? Just worried about you...hope all is ok...still saying prayers for you and yours.

Peace and Love,

Debbie