Need Prayers for Daughter

Discussion in 'Spirituality/Worship' started by Hippo, Jul 19, 2003.

1. Hippo

Hippo New Member

Hi, it seems like I am always whining about something, but I am worried about my daughter. She is 14, has CFS like me, and her beloved pet mouse just died this morning. I blame myself for the death. She wanted to get him neutered, and I agreed. We had it done at the vet's yesterday, and the poor little guy died from too much anesthetic. He was only 4 months old and died needlessly because of my stupidity. My poor little girl is so sick and this mouse was her constant companion. I wish God would give us a break once in a while.

Hippo
  2. Sandyz

Sandyz New Member

Don`t feel bad hippo. You were only trying to do what she wanted for her pet. Maybe when a little time passes she can get another one that she could love. I think pets are so healing for us, just having their unconditional love is priceless.

Thought and prayers for you and your daughter,
    Sandyz
  3. Hippo

Hippo New Member

My daughter actually HAS another mouse; it's just that this one was her favorite and she carried him around on her shoulder constantly. I never realized that she and I could get so attached to a mouse. I have cried about this as much as she has.

Hippo
  4. mamafurr

mamafurr New Member

sorry for your daughter's loss. i know, we had a pet rat for 6 yrs. i've never heard of such a thing, ...neutering a mouse...the vet should replace it. although it is not possible to replace the love your daughter has for her mouse. don't beat yourself up. who knew? you are not stupid,. sounds like the vet has that one covered!

love to you and prayers said
    alice
  5. Shirl

Shirl New Member

Hippo, what ashame. I know how you little girl feels, I had a house trained Rabbit for 8 years, he loved cereal, well not knowing any better, I fed him some of those 'Honey Bunches of Oats' cereal, and my poor darling died from it, you see, Rabbits are like mice and rats, they can't vomit. The cereal constipated him, he couldn't vomit or have a bowel movement, so he died.

It took me a very longtime to forgive myself. But I learned a lesson from it, don't feed animals anything other than what they are suppose to eat, no matter how much they like people food.

Tell your little girl that her mouse is in heaven with my white bunnie (Heidi), and they are happy playing in the clouds......

Shalom, Shirl

6. Hippo

Hippo New Member

Loved the story about Heidi; I understand the self-blame, that is what I am going through myself. Interestingly, the same day, my daughter found a stuffed mouse on the ground, and it had wings. A little plush mouse that was the same color as the mouse which had died, and little angel wings. Strange! Anyway, we were both so distraught about the loss of our little guy that I took her back to the pet store for a replacement. She chose a hamster this time, it wasn't my choice, but she was happy with him. Hopefully we will start to heal a little bit. She feels alienated from the world due to CFS and really appreciates a little cuddly friend. Thank you all for your kind wishes; I do think that vet should have warned me about anesthetizing such a tiny creature.

Hippo
  7. Shirl

Shirl New Member

I am surprised that the vet didn't warn you also. I had my cat with a bad tooth, and the vet had to do a root canal, I had to sign a paper for the anesthetic, that if it went wrong the vet would not be held liable. Same went for my dogs too.

I know it must be hard for a young girl to be ill with CFS, I know I am an adult and do not know what I would do without my dogs. They are such wonderful company whether I feel good or bad, they are there for me all the time.

I am glad your daughter got another pet. That should help, Hampsters are fun little guys too.

That is something finding a little mouse with wings.

God bless hon..............

Shalom, Shirl
  8. Hippo

Hippo New Member

Just wanted to report that my daughter is slowly bonding with her new pet. I appreciate everyone's kindness.

Hippo
  9. babyzee

babyzee New Member

I don't think finding that plush mouse was an accident. I think her little pal is trying to say "hello" to her. Seriously! When our pets die, they still love us, and don't blame us for mistakes we've made. Sometimes they send us messages; we've just got to be tuned in to realize them for what they are.

10. mamafurr

mamafurr New Member

finding that mouse with wings was no coincidence. God really doesn't work in mysterious ways afterall sometimes.

i am sorry your daughter has cf at such a young age. how did they diagnose her. did they think she had mono? i know when i had mono at 16 it was not fun. i am praying for her health and emotional well being
    :)
    +
    alice

11. Hippo

Hippo New Member

My daughter had mono two years previously and recovered. She got a sinus infection last Thanksgiving and, even though the sinus infection went away, she never recovered. She is currently being seen by a pediatric rheumatologist. Thanks for asking.

Hippo