Need prayers for Matt's eye surgery

Discussion in 'Spirituality/Worship' started by ilovecats94, May 27, 2006.

1. ilovecats94

ilovecats94 New Member

Matt is due to have more laser eye surgery on 5/31. I'd like to ask for prayers that this will be successful and that he won't need anymore surgery for a while. Matt has diabetic retinopathy.

This has been going on now for well over a year. I lost count how many surgeries he has had. He is only 25 years old.

Prayers are powerful, I know, and I realize I'm not here very much anymore, sorry.

Thanks in advance. :)

Hugs,
    Faye
  2. windblade

windblade Active Member

Started praying, and added to my calendar the date of the surgery. What a long ordeal for Matt to go through.

Yes, will pray that the surgery will be a success, and he can take a break from it all.

Faye, you said you are not here much ,but when you are you have such a strong and loving presence.

You were always part of the prayer thread on FM board, and I was so used to your prayers being woven in.

Many Blessings to Matt, and your entire family!

Love, JUdy
  3. ilovecats94

ilovecats94 New Member

Thank you, Judy... Yes I was on the Prayer Thread on the FMS board when it was there. Has gotten harder to flip from one board to the other lately and I also read some on the Diabetic board, but not much goes on there.

I think Matt has had about a half dozen eye surgeries so far.

Thanks for your kind thoughts and prayers, Judy. :)

Love, hugs, and prayers to you also,
    Faye
  4. Asatrump

Asatrump New Member

Dear Lord, I ask that you be with Matt and the medical people who attend him. Send healing and strength to him and those who love him.
    And Faye....... merely ask for prayer, you do not have to pay dues here. Those of us who can do so while we are able, and we all have turns both up and down. I pray that God will touch your shoulder as you wait. No matter what their age, they remain our children.
  5. ilovecats94

ilovecats94 New Member

Thanks, Asatrump! With so many good people praying for Matt, I'm sure he will be okay on Wednesday. His dad is taking off from work to take him there and the wait can be long and I just can't make that or even drive to where it is. It is at least 30 minutes away in Richmond.

So I'll be here waiting for them to get back. I think his appointment is around 11 AM. Matt isn't here right now or I would ask him.

Love and prayers,
    Faye
  6. windblade

windblade Active Member

It's so hard to wait, Faye! But we'll be praying before and on that day with you!

Love and (((HUGS)))
    Judy
  7. BLUEROSE7

BLUEROSE7 New Member

Have been praying for Matt...and will continue to pray all goes well on the 31st...

Also pray this will be his last laser surgery...

Prayers going up for Matt, You and All in Family.

God Bless
    ((Hugs, Love & Prayers))
    ~Bluerose~
  8. dejovu

dejovu New Member

Praying God guides the hands that touch Matt. Praying also for you. Please take care dear one. Matt is so young to have gone thru so much. But we must always remember that God does have a plan and he is always with us. You and your family will remain in my thoughts and prayers. De
  9. ilovecats94

ilovecats94 New Member

Judy, Bluerose, and De,
    Thanks for your great thoughts and prayers for Matt and us. It has been hard on him. He ends up taking vacation time to recover from surgery so he can go back to work the next Monday.

He normally gets Wednesday and Sundays off, the other days are vacation days he is taking off.

Plus my husband is having to take his vacation days to take Matt to the eye doctor. He has taken 1/2 of a day off 5/2, and has to take an entire day on 5/31.

I hope he won't have to go back for a few months.

Thanks again for your prayers and good wishes. :)

Love,
    Faye
  10. windblade

windblade Active Member

Praying for Matt these few days before the surgery on Wed.
    Praying for peace of mind for him, that he will not be depleted by stress. And prayers for you and your entire family.

Lots of love,
    Judy
  11. ilovecats94

ilovecats94 New Member

Hangininthere and Judy,
    Thanks to both of you for your continued prayers. Matt does get nervous because they do the surgery in the office and he has to get a shot under his eye and that makes him vomit.

He is trying really hard to stay on a good diabetic diet and his sugars are a lot better, but the damage was done years ago.

I keep forgetting to ask Matt what time he has to be at the doctor's office. I'm sure they will call here tomorrow to confirm the appointment, though.

Lots of love and prayers,
    Faye
  12. MamaR

MamaR New Member

I will be praying for Matt to come through this surgery very well...and all to heal quickly.
    We are all joining together and believing!

Love, Mari
  13. ilovecats94

ilovecats94 New Member

Mari,
    Thanks so much for the prayers for Matt. The eye heals quickly, but it is the ordeal he has to go through that worries me so much.

Love & prayers,
    Faye
  14. sixtyslady

sixtyslady Member

I will be praying for Matt, that the surgey goes well and for a good report. God Bless ,Sixtyslady
  15. MamaR

MamaR New Member

I will check back tonight to see what time Matt has to be at doctors office.

Love, Mari
  16. ilovecats94

ilovecats94 New Member

Thanks Sixtyslady and Mari,
    I posted an update just a few minutes ago on Matt's surgery. This will be actual surgery and not in the office type, but in the surgery center type.

I didn't know that until they called. I called and left a message on Matt's cell phone, but he usually won't call me back. He goes to lunch/dinner either at 4 PM or 5 PM and should be able to get his messages then.

Because this is actually general anesthesia type of surgery, this is going to be a long day for Matt and Michael.

Michael should be home in 30 minutes, and at that time I'll be able to find out the situation with the dryer and why it is taking so very long.

Love,
    Faye
  17. ilovecats94

ilovecats94 New Member

Hey, Hangininthere,
    Did you know there was another hangingin on the FMS board? Boy talk about getting confused. I'm surprised a lot of people haven't commented about the similar name.

My dryer will be here on Thursday, but the problem is I told them after 12 PM, and I usually don't get up until 11 or so. I will have to get a bath that day and then when they get here, I'll have to find the cat and put her in my office up here while they are taking out the old dryer and putting in the new one.

It just would be easier if my husband was here to supervise. Matt will be here, but I don't know if he will be able to supervise this.

I just have a tendency to worry to much about things like this. lol I know how silly it is too...

I think I'm going to bed now. I'm tired and it's getting late.

Love & prayers to you also,
    Faye