Need prayers for my brotherJ

Discussion in 'Spirituality/Worship' started by springwater, May 19, 2012.

1. springwater

springwater Member

He vomited blood from nose and mouth and some tests hv come
    nd another to has to be sent to india.

pls pray its all all right and he will be fine.

Thank you and i love you all

God Bless
  2. Doznclan3

Doznclan3 New Member

Not a fun post to come back to after not having talked with you in a while. I so hope things are figured out for him.
    Prayers for you and yours, and those drs. to be able to find the answer.
  3. freida

freida Active Member

My prayers too, for your brother, ongoing,
    and for you, and your and his family.

Leah Freida
  4. springwater

springwater Member

for your prayers and well wishes

Brother is undergoing treatment and i hope for the best

Take care, all of you

God Bless
  5. windblade

windblade Active Member

I remember you mentioning your elder brother on the Porch many times, and feel like I know him a bit. I also have a sense of him helping in many family situations.

Have been praying for his precious soul. For Divine Love, Compassion, and salvation to come to him, and to keep increasing. May God bring himself to your brother, in all of His endless love and knowing of your brother, J.

Will keep praying for him, and all in the family. Does he have children? Praying for you - in all this means for you. Praying for your brother's health - the complete health of his deepest being. Amen

Love, Judy
  6. springwater

springwater Member

Thank you for your lovely lovely post.

I was happy to see you. Yes, my brother is one of those complicated creatures.
    He causes so much upheaval in my life and yet is also the one who i fall back on
    in times of need.

He does not hv children, what a blessing in the circumstances. He has never
    been financially stable and it would hv been difficult for any offspring.

Thank you for your prayers, everybodys prayers here mean a lot to me and
    i too am praying for you and your dear husband. I hope he is well?

God Bless
  7. windblade

windblade Active Member

So good to connect with you!

Thanks for asking about my husband. He has a bad eye problem - something called Fuch's Syndrome. It has caused swelling and scarring, and we just found out he needs surgery for a cornea transplant. Scary!

He can wait awhile to have the surgery if he wants. As you know, he is an artist, so this threat to his vision is major. It's been unbalancing our "normal" life. I have a feeling that things are going to change a lot in general.

I'm holding on to my faith, as Beauty, Love and Truth in and through everything. The Love that wants abundant life, and transcendence, freedom and joy eternal for everyone!

I follow in the footsteps of the Mystics and Saints. I go slowly step by step, while they zoomed ahead, letting go of everything else but Divine Love, Who contains every other good and beautiful thing in creation. What a paradox. (smile).

How is your brother doing this week? I remember a photograph of him, I think. Keeping him in my prayers, along with your entire family.

I believe your brother is loved beyond our wildest imaginings.

Much love, Judy

8. springwater

springwater Member

Sometimes i struggle to maintain my faith. You are an inspiration in that
    sense.

I am so sorry to hear of your husbands eye problem but have faith that
    what needs to be done will come to be, to resolve it.

While the recent events are upsetting i seem to hv developed some sort
    of detachment, and do not feel any panic or deep hurt. rather i am believing
    its all a journey i/we signed up for and would hv had to cross it sooner or
    later. Its that much more living that i had to do put behind me.

Just concentrating on the dealing with it.

Brother is rather more upbeat than i had expected. He goes home today
    after four days of a second round of chemo. rather than wait for all of hair
    to fall off, he asked second bro to shave it all off.

He is eating well and has put back the weight he had lost. so important
    during chemo.

Ivebeen praying he gets divine guidance as to what he should do to get well.
    I know just meds are not the answer. But a change in the way he thinks and lives life and his attitude towards life and people and himself.

I am constantly praying for you and of course now for your dear husband and for all of the others on here.

Take care

God Bless

9. windblade

windblade Active Member

Is this the brother who spends much time at the Monastaries?

I will pray too with you for the change and growth in your brother's ways of thinking, and viewing life. And this stage of life for him, his relationships. All who he is and can be.

Maybe he didn't receive certain opportunities in this life to develop, or to use his strengths and gifts. We all hinder ourselves also. And need to receive spiritual strength and guidance in those circumstances.

I grieve for my lost gifts also in life. I know with even a half-way decent home to grow up in, I would have gone far. But such a paradox; into my emptiness, and sufferings, and delights and joys and especially needs, God comes in great ways.

I struggle too with my faith! Especially with the sufferings of people; for me, children suffering is unbearable. I was taught such a Holy prayer, of uniting my sufferings with the sufferings of Jesus in his union with humanity on the cross. I pray for all the children who are frightened, homeless, and abused.

And this way my sufferings, by God's gift, can bring relief to those most tender and vulnerable ones!!!

I know that Buddhism has the beautiful Boddhisatvas and the practice of taking in sufferings also. I'm trying to remember the name of it. (Tongsten?)

You have been a great encourager in my life. (smile). So many things that you wrote to me over the years gave me the strength to move forward. Just your last post on the thread of many months ago, I kept in my mind as a gift. A lightening of burdens, and a lighter heart.

10. jaminhealth

jaminhealth Well-Known Member

nice reading your comments. I don't "struggle" anymore, I did for a lot of years but finally I believe what I believe now closer to the end of my life.

Started out a devout catholic, then enbraced Unity and then found Science of Mind, which I still use in my life....love the philosophy. Glass is Half Full...there is so much more good in life than not.

I probably have as much doubt as many of you have your faith and it's all OK for us to be who we are.

I just joined the ffrf.org organization.

I have a brother who is on the east coast and have not seen him in probably 8 yrs....I know he's OK. We haven't talked in maybe a year on phone, but it's OK...he's busy doing his life and I hold no ill feelings whatsoever....I love him and hope the best for him, he's had his struggles...he's 70 now I think, I'm soon 74, so he's a tad younger....

Anyway, it's a gorgous sunny day here and I just took out my trash...how about that for excitement. jam
  11. springwater

springwater Member

Jamin - what has always struck me about you is how you live by the principle
    'live and let live'. You go your own sweet way and expect others too, too.
    I like that. ive always hated having something forced on me, and i think my journey is one of experiencing and choosing and letting go if that is necessary.

Much of what i practise faith wise is not the norm here, and i dont invite trouble by advertising it and upsetting the apple cart. I just practise on my own like the pranic healing. The people here have a firm steady belief in their own
    practises and that works fine for them. All those rituals.

Judy - yes the brother i mention is the one who turned very religious in the
    latter years.

Our early experiences shape much of what we become, You, me, my brother have not had the most ideal of childhoods. Much the opposite. brother reacted to that. Doen many things he ought not to have.

That way i am amazed at the way you hv retained your goodness and bauty of soul. You hv had it rather more difficult than the majority. I keep that in mind when i am particularly upset and feel i am being dealt an unfair deck of cards.

The practise you mention is Tonglen. Which i hv not yet put into practise.
    Since im sort of struggling with my health a lot i am afraid. because i sincerely
    believe that breathing in others disease and illness and suffering will really
    fill me up with those and i cant afford to get ill right now.

What i do is pray and imagine a beautiful bright light flowing from the Divine
    and filling the ill ones / the earth and healing them/ it.

Bodhisattva is such a divine purpose isnt it? One which requires complete
    selflessness and courage of unimaginable magnitude. Imagine being in a position to relinquish all suffering and enter into a neverending blissful stateand give it
    all up for the sake of helping others.

Me? I look forward to good loooong rest when its my time. Lol.

I love you both Jamin and Judy.

God Bless

[This Message was Edited on 06/20/2012]
  12. jaminhealth

jaminhealth Well-Known Member

made me smile....my parents both lived into 90's so I may have a looooong wait....jam
  13. Granniluvsu

Granniluvsu Member

Spring Water. I haven't been on the worship board in awhile and figured I had better come and check to see what was going on. I knew your brother was having more physical problems and that in itself is very scary.

I just wanted to let you know that you and your brother will also be in my prayers. Lots of prayers going up lately.

I wanted also to share some possible good news on my DD so wanted to come on here for people to pray for a good outcome to a job interview tomorrow. It would be in her field, medical insurance verification. Hope it works out so much. Might add this to my other thread, too.

Love to awl,
    Granni
  14. k4healthylife

k4healthylife New Member

My prayers are with you and your family during this time! Our Lord never fails and He doesn't plan to fail you now! Just remember to ask according to His will and ask in faith. :)

God Bless
  15. springwater

springwater Member

Granni and K4healthy life

Appreciate the prayers and praying for you too

God Bless