need prayers/help

Discussion in 'Spirituality/Worship' started by alkcamel, Nov 29, 2004.

1. alkcamel

alkcamel New Member

hi everyone, i need prayers and i also need help. i starteda new job about a week ago and it is going good. i will be there till 12-22-04. it is for christmas help. anywyas i know that it only 2 1/2 weeks a way but it seems like a long time. i was wondering if anyone had anything i could do that would take my monde off the time i have left and just focus on one day at a time? if you do that would be great. please pray for me that i can get through this next couple of weeks and that the time will go by fast. it is also a night job and ii only work for 4 hours but please pray for me.

thanks
    alkcamel
    [This Message was Edited on 11/29/2004]
  2. Sandyz

Sandyz New Member

Sending prayers out for you as requested. Take care,

Sandy
  3. Lupian

Lupian New Member

is to figure out how long you can do the job. An hour? a day? Five minutes? Then only work that long. If you can work an hour, then do that - only work one hour at a time.
    Another thing that has gotten me through some tough situations is to keep saying to myself "I can do this. I can do this" and it really works!
    One more idea for you - you must have gotten this job for a goal, so focus also on your goal. One hour at a time, or one day, or fifteen minutes, you can do this to come closer to your goal.
    Hugs and best wishes
  4. Shirl

Shirl New Member

your strengh to hold out for the alloted time you need to work.

God bless..............

Shalom, Shirl
  5. alkcamel

alkcamel New Member

thanks everyone
    i will try some of the things that were said. i got this job so i would have money for chirstmas presents for friends and family. once again thanks for your prayers and you help.

alkcamel
  6. Mikie

Mikie Moderator

I think it is admirable for you to take this job in order to buy presents and I pray you can work without pain and fatigue.

Please, just don't make yourself sick in order to give presents. The best present we can give our family and loved ones is to take care of ourselves.

Love, Mikie
  7. alkcamel

alkcamel New Member

thanks, i really apreciate you all praying for me. and i know that the time will go by fast i just have to keep my mind focused on one day at a time. i am always singing the cource of "one day at a time" and that seemes to help.

amber