Need prayers, please

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by PepperGirl52, Aug 30, 2005.

1. PepperGirl52

PepperGirl52 New Member

Thank you all, for being so kind to me in the past few weeks!! I love and appreciate you more than I could ever express!!

As some of you know, I've been going through my own, valley, shall we say.....

Anyway, why is it that when we ARE in that valley that it just seems that there is always that ONE thing that comes along to make or break us?

Just got news from my daughter, who is really my closest and best friend, and lives just 10 minutes away from me, and her family, are being transferred to Alaska.

She has 3 beautiful children, and one on the way! That's four grandchildren that I will not be seeing, playing with, kissing, hugging-you get the picture-for God knows how often, for 3 years!!!!!!!

I just feel like this is THAT STRAW that could just break me into peices.

I am trying to not even think about it right now. I have company and I don't want to be bummed out or distracted.

It's a small thing, I know, and we knew when she married an AF man, that this could happen-or worse-but why now? I am facing another fusion, possibly, soon. Still playing games with the pain management.........where does it all taper off? I'm not asking for an end, just a truce, a reprieve!!!!!!!!!!

UNCLE??? Thanks, all!! PG
  2. Kinsie

Kinsie New Member

I won't even begin to say I know how you feel, because I don't have children. But, I can only imagine what a blow this is for you especially with health problems too. I just wanted to respond to your post to let you know my heart goes out to you.

Even knowing your family could be transferred someday doesn't make it any easier when you get the news.

You are in my prayers.

Kinsie
  3. gnanny

gnanny New Member

The good news its only 3 years. I know that 'only' doesnt seem so but might help to focus on that better than 'gone'.

You will get through this...one day at a time.
    take care
  4. rileyearl

rileyearl New Member

I'm sorry your girl is going to be so far away with your wonderful grandchildren. I bet you mostly talk on the phone where you are now. You will just need to make sure you keep the phone card handy and make sure she has a digital camera to send you lots of pics of the kids. She won't know people there, so I bet you hear from her more than ever. I know it's not the same as a hug and knowing her sweet voice is just a few minutes away, but maybe those thoughts are some consolation. I'm sure I'd feel the same sadness as you, though. You're right, it does feel like the bad news never ends when you're sick. Here's a hug (((o)))! And lots of wishes for some REALLY GOOD NEWS!

Francie
  5. kbak

kbak Member

My heart goes out to you. I went through the same thing. My daughter, grandkids and I are very close. They had to move yrs. ago. It broke my heart! AS hard as it is, you do ajust. I miss them terribly, and only get to see them once a yr. It's a tough thing to go through. I pray God gives you the strengh through this difficult time.
  6. badluck

badluck New Member

I know what it is like to be in that "make or break" place. For me, like you, it always seems to be "break". As someone looking from the outside and trying to find a silver lining to the cloud, I would say that maybe God (or who/whatever higher power you believe in) is giving you a sign that you need to focus on you health and the fusion right now.

Maybe this is a chance to find a good surgeon, have the work done and heal. You never know-maybe if everything is in place and you are doing well by next year, the kids could stay with you while "Mommy and Daddy" have some alone time with the new baby?

I know it is not what you want to hear, but believe me, I know sometimes you have to look for any TINY thing that will get you through. I'm there myself right now. I was actually excited today because I found a quarter on the ground. (Yes things can actually get that bad that finding a quarter can make your day!!)
  7. msthang

msthang New Member

it matters to u so its not a small thing. i am so sorry u are going thru so much. i send u all the hugs i can mustur up. wishing u the best.
  8. heartinheaven

heartinheaven New Member

Prayers and blessings to you peppergirl
  9. Francey54

Francey54 New Member

Pepper:

I am so sorry that you are so saddened with the news from your daugther. I can't know how you feel as I have no children but it must be hard as it is coming at a time when you are most vulnerable.

I don't know where you live as your bio is not completed. I hope you don't live so far away that they can not come visit you.

I will be praying for you hon,

God Bless.

Tender Hugs,
    Francey54
  10. elsa

elsa New Member

You are stronger then you think and you have a built in, no question about it ... compassionate group of people here ready to catch you.

This isn't the last straw ... just a very heavy one. I know you will miss them , but you still have them. They are just farther away geographically .... not father away in their hearts (or your heart) though.

You're in my thoughts. I'm sorry you have to struggle with this on top of other things.

Take care,

Elsa
  11. virgo_karen

virgo_karen New Member

I know how you feel. I'm from CA but now I live NE. I have been out here for 13 years and I'm really missing my family. Both my children are married now and they do not have any kids yet. It's even going to be harder when they do. I guess we will have to get a cam so at least I can see them and they can say at least, "There's grandma in the computer". I would move back to CA, but I don't have the money too and it's so expensive. And to be honest, I don't like it out their either. But at the sametime I miss my family. I struggles with this all the time. I will be thinking of you. Take care.

Karen