Need prayers to make it through this week

Discussion in 'Spirituality/Worship' started by JewelRA, Aug 31, 2009.

1. JewelRA

JewelRA New Member

I posted on the Arthritis board about my doctor lowering my arthritis meds and me not doing well at all. I am in a lot of pain. Bad thing is, even if she says go back up on it, I can't take it until Friday (it's a once a week dosing). So I may be in this terrible pain til at LEAST then.

Like all of you, I have daily resonsibilities that don't go away with a flare up of disease. I have 2 young kids at home whom I homeschool (by God's grace only). This week will be hard with this pain. We will probably do lots of lying in bed reading good books. :)

Please pray for me to make it through and not give in to fear and discouragement.

Thank you.

-J.
  2. springwater

springwater Active Member

Praying that your pain goes away and that you can go about yourdaily duties...in ease and
    comfort.

God Bless
  3. soulight

soulight New Member

It must be hard to homeschool with pain . Actually I know , I homeschooled my daughter and we also made it through by the Grace of God. Don't worry about your kids. My daughter is now an honors student in college , totally by God's Grace.

Please Lord , let Jewel be able to make it through until Friday .
    Watch over her and her kids as they try to journey through homeschool and the other activities of the day. Please ease the pain Lord ,and give Jewels children patience and compassion for their Mom . In Jesus Name , Amen and Amen

Holly
  4. windblade

windblade Active Member

Lifting up your week in prayer - that God would help with all the details of each day. And that you would find encouragement and renewal! Asking for Him to greatly help you. In Jesus' Holy and precious Name. Amen.

Love, Judy
  5. HarleyRidingGal

HarleyRidingGal New Member

Lifting you and your family up in prayer right now. I wish for you peace, understanding and love. In His Name,

Leslie
  6. windblade

windblade Active Member

Hi,

It is just the right thing for people to come to this board asking for prayer. Since the very first day this board opened, people came asking for prayer. It has been a crucial ministry to pray for everyone who has a need.

And before this board opened, there was a prayer request thread on the FM board. So this is a well- established tradition - a sanctuary where people come for aid.

They never need to feel that it's not okay! Some of us have a calling and are able to pray often for others. Other people, like Jewel, are struggling to home- school their children, and asking for God's help in a crisis.

This has always been the heart of this board - people coming in distress and need, and our supporting them in prayer, whenever they have needs.

It could be everyday, or once a year, it doesn't matter. It's a different way of thinking.

I would hate, truly hate for anyone to hesitate coming here!!! Everyone must feel welcome to come as if they were going to their family (a loving family :) ) for help.

We have never thought that anyone needs to pay back in time given here. God will bring people to pray as needed. I've seen it happen over and over again through the years.

Speaking to you as a friend that I respect and appreciate very much, I think you just got the wrong slant in this situation.

I would just ask you if you could see your way to deleting your post, and then I will delete this one. I would appreciate it very much!

I dread someone turning away without receiving help.

Please receive this in mutual respect, and for the goodness of this special ministry. I know how much you care about people, and are always using your gifts to enlighten, and bring support all throughout these boards. I am so thankful to have you here on this board, and in the others I visit.

Love, Judy
  7. TwoCatDoctors

TwoCatDoctors New Member

I like and respect you too and I apologized in advance if I offended anyone. I think that what we have all learned being here is that we have to agree to disagree. You disagree with my post and I disagree with your post. I see this as a board for all beliefs and faith to come for their worship/spirituality, but not as a ministry--it can be an individual's ministry because it is what they want to do, but every one here cannot be required to recognize this board as a ministry. Nor can all of us expect it to be the primary mission of this board to be to have people who are not on this board come here for us to pray for them. Again, some may feel that is okay and others may not.

I know you said you would hate to have anyone hesitate to come here--but we have lost so many actual long time members from our board. So many that used to come here no longer do and some now hesitate to come here (I didn't catch the latest go round that happened a while back where we lost someone else). I would like to see them return and I'll devote a prayer for the members here we have lost, that they will return.

But it is very important to agree to disagree and leave it at that because we cannot risk the board being removed.

[This Message was Edited on 09/03/2009]
  8. soulight

soulight New Member

Since today is Friday , I hope that you will get the relief that you need. It is my honor to pray for you. In many ways I can understand your situation because I have home-schooled through pain and tremendous fatigue. RA is a very painful and tiring disease and I pray that the Lord surrounds you with soft arms and carries you through this.

Please , please write back and tell me how you are doing , OK? If you can't , I will assume that you are doing well and that you are busy with catching up with the schooling that may have gone slowly when you couldn't take your meds.
    God Bless you !

Holly
  9. JewelRA

JewelRA New Member

Thank you to everyone who prayed for me this week! The Lord heard your prayers, for sure. My pain eased up at least to a more tolerable level the rest of the week. So I wasn't in "panic mode" like I was on Monday. LOL. Now today is Friday and I am back on my regular dosing schedule, so hopefully everything will be back to normal (at least what's "normal" for chronic illness, huh? :) )

Holly, thank you so much for asking about how I was doing and checking up on me. It's so encouraging to hear from someone who has been through the same thing (as far as the homeschooling). It means a lot that you took the time to ask!

Again, thank you to all who lifted me up to the Heavenly Father.

-J.
  10. springwater

springwater Active Member

People who come to the Worship Board asking for prayer are hurting, and have come for solace.
    There isnt any rule on the PH Health board which states only people who are actively involved
    in the worship board should come seeking prayers and i dont think any of us want that either.
    It is a choice. We can do this much for others...pray and not expect anything in return like their
    active involvement in the board. Mother Teresa ministered to a community whose religion was completely different from hers and never tried converting them. She did it out of love. How much does it take out of us to pray for someone who is coming looking for help?

I did see your thread where you devoted your post to thanking the Lord, rather than asking for something and i think i can see a little where your post stems from. You feel we are imposing on Him and not giving anything in return. I too have tried to set aside one day of the week where my prayers are only thanksgiving for whatever i have and not for anything.

So we do have a different perspective on this one issue, even though i have always admired
    the way you reach out to people and try and help them....out on the depression board. Elsewhere.

I would like to disassociate myself from this manner of thinking where only those who participate in the worship board should ask for prayers, and those who ask for prayers should
    perforce be involved in posting. For me anyone seeking to share, praise, petition or give thanks is welcome. NO conditions required except to adhere to the PH board rules.

God Bless

[This Message was Edited on 09/05/2009]
  11. TwoCatDoctors

TwoCatDoctors New Member

I wish you would have just let it go as Judy and I briefly discussed it above and I think we said it all. I really thought that we all realized that we were individuals and would have individual thoughts and beliefs and that was okay. As to Mother Teresa, I am not Catholic so I don't serve the Catholic religion and although she was a great woman, she did much that many of us would not do.

You may recall that I am a Christian, but I don't have the exact same beliefs as all Christians and I don't believe in Hell in the afterlife--I believe it is here on earth while we live. I also pray each day to be thankful for what I have and try to ask for guidance in difficult areas and to only pray for help when really needed and the very worst is present.

Yes, I would like to see regular prayers from us for things we are grateful for instead of always praying about the worst that is happening, but that is an individual choice.

I would like to see new people actually pray here for what they are seeking and ask us to support them in their prayers, and return here as a regular place to be, but again that is also going to be an individual choice too. It is okay for us to think differently.