Need prayers

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by herbqueen, Apr 1, 2010.

1. herbqueen

herbqueen New Member

I know everyone is very ill on this board--I really need prayers right now for healing and guidance and peace. My fibro diagnosis from 12 years ago has progessed into major neurological disease. The neuro says it is not MS since MRI is clean and sent me back to GP. I've been on downhill side since optic neuritis with vision loss 3 years ago. My attempt to treat for Lyme first with herbs and most recently with just a few drugs/herbs sent me in a tailspin the past 4 months. I am losing function every day- went from bad brain fog, some weakness an djerking /twitching to now total insomnia for 4 months now 30 min-3hr/sleep night on good night, body jerking and and twitching all over, difficulty speaking, swallowing, shaky and weak , left side numb and very weak, and spreading to right side, difficulty typing, coordination, eye pain in both eyes and pressure, burning all over body, head jerking, neck weak and difficult to hold up head, dizzy, brain pressure,nervous system in overdrive/can't relax and can't relax neck. Every part of me feels affected. This is such a nightmare for me. Please I need a few prayers this easter weekend. I've done everything possible to build health since my 12 year ago fibro diagnosis through diet and exercise. I'm terrified right now. I don't know how to turn this around.Thank you so much.
  2. spacee

spacee Member

It must be terrible.

I saw on ABC a segment about doing brain surgery on a man (while he was awake!) who had
    something that sounded very similar. He was a violinist and couldn't perform because of the jerking.

The surgeon's didn't remove any brain tissue but were able to stop the jerking by putting a probe type thing into the areas of the brain that were malfunctioning. I think they called it
    "brain manipulation". He played the violin while this was going on so they could tell when
    they had the correct area. Seemed all they had to do was touch the spot with the probe and it stopped the jerking.

Bless your heart. I pray that you will be better.

3. AuntTammie

AuntTammie New Member

I will be praying for you, too. {{{{hugs}}}}
  4. Bunchy

Bunchy New Member

A long shot but has your neurologist considered Myasthenia Gravis - it's a condition that involves progressive muscle weakness and some of the symptoms you mentioned.

I pray that you will get an accurate diagnosis and treatment soon.

Bunchy x
  5. FibroFay

FibroFay New Member

for peace, for accurate diagnosis, and for healing.

Please keep us posted on how you are doing.

Warm hugs,
  6. Elisa

Elisa Member

It is so hard and I am so is such a hard suffering.

I will pray and hope that you will see improvement soon!

God Bless You,

7. chaps

chaps New Member

Hang in there. We'll keep praying. Be strong and keep fighting.
  8. spacee

spacee Member

I know you don't have parkinson's. But on the news tonite (yes ABC), they showed a man with Park. before and after he rode a bicycle. He shook really, really bad before and then they went outside and he rode the bike and he got off and didn't shake. They said the effects lasted
    several weeks.

I am thinking that he must have "discovered" this on a stationary bike.

Still, Praying for you though!!

9. loto

loto Member

I will pray and pray and pray for you to get relief from everything you're going through.

So terrible that you have to be in that state of well-being. I will also pray for your doctors to come up with the right solution for you.

10. SpecialK82

SpecialK82 New Member

Hang in there herbqueen, I too can relate to the terror of a downward spiral, not knowing where this nightmare will end, your post brought me to tears as my neurological system is also so fragile. I am saying prayers for you and thought it was fitting today on Good Friday for us all to remember that Christ knows of physical suffering and torment as well.

I pray that God holds you in the palm of his hand and that you can feel his presence and his peace within you. I pray for all of us on this board that the correct research will be done, and that we can get the tests and the treatments that we so desperately need. I pray that we get relief - physically, mentally, emotionally and spiritually - quickly. I pray that we will look back on this illness one day and it will only be a bad memory.

In the meantime - please know that you are loved.

11. herbqueen

herbqueen New Member

Thank you so much for your support. God Bless You .
  12. campbeck97

campbeck97 New Member

Soooo sorry you are suffering and I certainly will pray for you, that God will give you the peace and pain relief you so desperately need. I know sometimes its all so overwelming , but lean on the Lord and He will help you, He is Faithful!! I pray for all the people on this board everyday . I dont know how I would have made it all these years without Him. Take care and know you are not alone in your suffering I feel like all of you on this board are like part of my family(the understanding part) haha I know you know what I mean. Take care and God Bless and I pray for His healing touch to your mind for peace and healing to your body for the pain and other weird symptoms that go along with these crazey diseases. Please pray for me also , we cant have too many prayers going up for one another.. Thanks Love In Christ Jesus
  13. karynwolfe

karynwolfe New Member

Yours is another one of those "I could have written it myself" posts... Especially in regards to the twitching and body jerking, and complete nervous system failure, and it's also mostly on my left side for some reason (that's common in Lyme, they don't know why), and just like you, it's also trying to spread to my right. When you try to treat Lyme and its coinfections, things get SO much worse before they get better, it's called "herxing." I've done herbs and antibiotics, currently doing herbs and really herxing on them, so it's not fun, but I'm glad I'm getting results nonetheless...! People with severe illness usually end up in the hospital when they start treating it, it's perfectly understandable that you feel so horrible, please don't think you're alone! I'm so sorry you have to go through this! But there IS hope. Eight months ago I was bedbound, and though it's taken time, I AM getting better just by treating these infections. You have to treat them. It's the fight OF your life, FOR your life. You can do this!

Please visit LymeNet as well, it's a very active Lyme-specific board and people there will know exactly what you are talking about.

It WILL get better.