Need Reassuring Scripture or Your Own Thoughts

Discussion in 'Spirituality/Worship' started by Elisa, Aug 14, 2009.

1. Elisa

Elisa Member

Hi All,

I am am very stressed from intolerable cruelty from a family member - need some suggestions in scripture for strength and reassurance.

I am in pain and so sick for so long - I really just need to read hopeful words and pray...Have had a fever over two years, infection in face this week and now extreme headache. Am overwhelmed by life and my situation and so so sad. Cause of doctor appts missed my food shopping girl - it was a very hard week.

Am alone all the time and am here to feel less so - hope that's okay.

Thanks for the help and God Bless.

Elisabeth

[This Message was Edited on 08/14/2009]
  2. Elisa

Elisa Member

Dear Anchor,

For me today, your name is fitting.

Thank you for your words, precious time and kind encouragement. I am going to print it out and take it with me - so that I can re-read it.

It is powerful and comforting...your faith really shines too.

I love your personal favorite too...it is so loving and supportive. I also really felt the one above it "when you pass through waters, I will be with you..."

Thank you so very much - for your comforting words and sharing these verses with me.

Much love and thank you again,

Elisabeth
  3. jole

jole Member

I just want you to know you are in my prayers. I posted to you a couple days ago, but see it is no longer here. There were also some scripture readings listed. Will get back to you soon....just wanting to let you know I care, and so does Jesus! ......Jole
  4. soulight

soulight New Member

You are in my prayers and thoughts. The verses posted by Anchor are great. I am with Jole : Jesus and I care too ! I have been where you are. I also have been treated cruelly by family members and others. The important thing to remember is that no matter what God will always love you. People can fail you , but He never will. Lean on Him , read His word, ask Him to be your family . My daughter has a dead beat dad , but we have been blessed big time , because the Lord stepped in and has been her "Daddy" and has shown her His love so many times. Hang in there. You are loved and prayed for.

In His Grace,
    Holly
    [This Message was Edited on 08/17/2009]