Need recommendations before my doc appt

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by Lazy_Susan, Sep 23, 2008.

1. Lazy_Susan

Lazy_Susan New Member

I can't get the book recommended to me for fibro until next month so I thought I'd ask here--I'm being seen on Oct 9th for fibro and don't want to end up on something like methadone again so could someone recommend something? I want to be prepared for my appointment incase he tries to get me on something I'm not willing to take. Thanks.
  2. mujuer

mujuer New Member

I would recommend reading as much as you possibly can on at this website. Up above is the Library, the e-mail bulletin's and at the beginning of all of the threads is the threads that are in dark blue. There is alot of info. there. It is all so good and so great to have all in one place. Hope this helps. P
  3. Lazy_Susan

Lazy_Susan New Member

I've read a lot so far but haven't come across a recommendation for those who don't want to take too many pills. I'll check again, though. Thank you.
  4. PVLady

PVLady New Member

I don't know if your doctor would be familiar with this, but I have been on a drug called Subutex for 3 years and it has completely stopped the fibro pain.

At one time I was on MS Contin for 9 months. In order to get off the MS Contin, I started Subutex. Then discovered it stopped my fibro pain.

My pain doctor has several fibro people on Subutex doing well. Subutex is dissolved under you tongue - it does not give you any high feeling. It is normally used to prevent withdrawal from opiates, however it is also used to treat pain.

5. Janalynn

Janalynn New Member

Hi Susan,
    Your post is kind of vague. I'm not quite sure what you're looking for. Are you wanting recommendations for other pain relievers besides methadone? other medications?

What else have you tried or are you taking?