Need respite from pain/ also am seeing a new doctor today

Discussion in 'Spirituality/Worship' started by NewEnglander, Aug 9, 2004.

1. NewEnglander

NewEnglander New Member

Hi there
    Please could you pray for some pain relief for me.
    I'm very tired and worn out from pain. my ribbs, neck, and back hurt all the time.

I think I might have finally found a good doctor who would be willing to work with me.
    If he is the right doctor, please pray that he will take me on as a patient.

thank you
    and God Bless
    lisa
  2. grge

grge New Member

I am so sorry that you are having so much pain. I will certainly pray for pain relief for you.
    Georgia
  3. PrayerWarrior316

PrayerWarrior316 New Member

I'm so sorry that you are having so much pain, I will certainly be praying that this doctor will take you as a patient and that you get some relief from all this pain soon.

Blessings, Judy
  4. Freedom1

Freedom1 New Member

I pray that you will have a reprieve from pain and a healing. It is not God's Will that we be sick and in pain. Even as we go on an odessy to find the right meds etc., some make us feel that we are just supposed to grin and bear it. It is so difficult, as I have learned. I am praying that you do, indeed get a good, caring and knowledgeable Dr. to work with you.
  5. NewEnglander

NewEnglander New Member

The doctor I was telling you about does not believe in treating fibromyalgia patient for pain, he thinks its best for me to go on zoloft.

I asked him if he treated other patients who have chronic pain and if he gave pain meds, and he said yes.
    then I asked him how I was different, and he just told me that was how he was trained.

so I won't be going back to him.
    He also asked me what I was doing to help myself.
    I told him that I had been fighting for years and that my faith has kept me going.

Then he suggested that I would go and get acupuncher and massage therapy, but I told him my insurance did not cover it and I couldn't afford to pay.
    then he just replied that I just wasn't willing to make the sacarfices.

I am in a lot pain right now. its scarry.
    I have to go to bed again like this, its hard to lay down.
    fibromyalgia is only one of my diagnoses that causes so much pain.
    I wish I could spend more time on the board, I miss it, but will be back
    thank you
  6. Yesh

Yesh New Member

I am sorry to hear you are in such pain, it does make things much more difficult, as well as wear us out. Then, to have a doctor who does not really understand only makes things more difficult.

I will keep you in my prayers, and I will pray that this new doctor will be just what you need.

God Bless

Yesh
  7. NewEnglander

NewEnglander New Member

thank you for thinking of me
    luv lisa
  8. monkeykat

monkeykat Member

Hi Lisa,
    I soooooooo understand. And more than that God's understands.

I have been praying and thanking God that he is going to restore all that has been stolen from me in this life. He sees every tear, every frustation, every injustice, every thing we deal with each day with these illnesses. May you see his power to restore in your life...

I will be praying for you today!!! I hope to see a breakthrough in your life. Let us know!

Love ya, Monkeykat
  9. NewEnglander

NewEnglander New Member

I am counting on that break through, but my health seems to just keep to be getting worse
    luv and hugs to you
    lisa