Need some advise on Fall I had at Doctor's Office

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by Lindy2, Dec 20, 2005.

1. Lindy2

Lindy2 New Member

Hi Everyone,

I recently moved and have struggled to find a Doctor that believed and supported me with my Fibro. It took me weeks of searching but finally found one that believes in Fibro.

Well my first appointment was this past week and we had snow and sleet the night before so when I got there I was really careful walking down hill to the office. I got about half way there and slipped and landed on the upper back part of my neck and head.

One of the nurses happened to be outside and seen me when I fell and yelled to me wait there, let me go get mom. By the time she came back out I was starting to sit up.

They came to me and took me in straight to the back examining room and the Doctor came in and looked at my head (which was forming a bump) and said I would be o.k.

My only concern is that it's been almost a week and I am still very sore.

What should I do? Call her and ask to be seen again and pay another $100.00 again?

Thanks for any advise anyone can share.

Lindy
  2. Bailey-smom

Bailey-smom New Member

because she has already seen you for this condition and just ask if there is something you can do or take. Sometimes my dr will help me w/o my going back in. In the mean time - take a nice relaxing soak in the tub - it may help a bit.

It is worth a shot! I hope you get some relief.

Kelly
  3. libra55

libra55 New Member

Your post caught my attention because the same thing nearly happened last week to me. I went to the doctor for my monthly check up and to get a flu shot. Well his parking lot was SOLID ICE. There was no reason for this situation as I had just come from the local grocery store and their lot was all scraped and sanded right down to the pavement.

Long story short I escaped the fate which befell you, as I just basically shuffled along holding on to cars as I went, and then again when I came out. You can bet I let them know about it when I got in there. I was not pleased. If I had fallen, all h**l would have broken loose.

We with these DD's have enough to put up with without adding falling down to all our other woes.

I hope you are feeling a little bit better by this time.

Michelle
  4. FibroJo

FibroJo New Member

I would definitely call the Doctor's office and tell them what is going on with you. First off, since it happened on their property they may not charge you and I would think they would be more than eager to take care of you. When you call them, explain that since this happended on their property you feel that you should not be charged again.

Hope you feel better soon.