need some cheerup

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by otis89, Jul 18, 2008.

1. otis89

otis89 New Member

i know i can come here for support, im in one of those moods where i feel nobody understands and dont want to understand or offer any kind of compassion, or just tell me they care, its lonely, this illness, and its difficult to deal with. I feel like i live alone most of the time, even though i have a husband, we hardly ever talk, seems we cant even have a decent conversation without him degrading me one way or another, ive tried to explain to him a million times about how i feel, but he just dont want to discuss it and dismisses it everytime. I just need some good cheer from you all. thanks, otis89
  2. Pansygirl

Pansygirl New Member

Hi Otis ~ sending you a very very gentle cyber hug special delivery.

I looked at your profile and your dog otis is such a sweet dog. I have 2 dogs and one of them is my shadow and she knows when I feel my worst and stays by my side to comfort me. :) I'm about your age as I'll be 44 in August.

This dd is so hard to take isn't it. There are so many people out there that just don't understand what we are going through. We are all very special people those of us with this dd and we have to remember that.

You are special , Gentle hugs, Susan
  3. stumped

stumped New Member

Thats right squirt guns. If my wife or kids get into a funk I'll load the squirt gun up, put on "hound dog" by Elvis and squirt them to the beat of the music.
    She'll get good and mad for a hot second and then start giggeling. Works great. I cant swivel my hips worth a dam but I try. Dont know who theyre laughin at but...theyre laughing. I hope the visual put a smile on your face. Found a veggy place for my daughter and she is in the dumps too. Going to wheel her for a lunch date tomorrow. I think she is worried I might do something odd to make her laugh ( should I? Or should I behave?)I hope good support will come your way. Sincerely Rick

[This Message was Edited on 07/18/2008]
  4. jasminetee

jasminetee Member

your dog is so adorable!

I know what you mean Otis. I can relate. I need cheering too, so I'll send cheer out to ya! This gets so hard to deal with, I know it's lonely. Hang in there and I hope the bluebirds of happiness visit you soon.

Rick, you are funnY! I can picture that. I say go for it and act up while you're out with your daughter then come here and tell us how it goes. :)

tee
  5. stumped

stumped New Member

Well... tee and Otis. I didnt go. Her Husband Danny is bringing her out which is very cool . He is a great guy and treats her like a princess. He is very supportive of her and is diving into all aspects of FM. He also attends all doctor appointments. Real good person.I will try to kidnap her next weekend for some lunch. I'll go mow the yard and tend the garden dang it. Maybe I'll go get a Elvis wig and wear it during my yard work. That otta creep the neighbors out! LOL I'll just have to crack me up. Maybe "moon" the wife in passing by the window while mowing, mmmm whatta ya think? Full moon or 1/2 moon? Wish you guys were my nieghbors. youd probably pop me in the butt with a BB gun LOL. Much love to all. Hope all have a very nice day without pain or fatique. Stumped Pop Rick
  6. mbofov

mbofov Active Member

First, Otis - I know how you feel. That's one of the hardest parts of this DD, being so alone with it. But you're not alone - there's all of us on this board who know exactly how you feel and empathize. Wish I could make your husband open his eyes - my ex never took my illness seriously, and didn't treat me with respect or compassion, which is part of why he is now my ex.

Rick - you ARE funny. I tried to imagine you shooting someone with a squirt gun in time to swiveling your hips to Elvis, and it's a crackup, not to mention bizarre! It made me laugh, so thanks. Also, your daughter is so fortunate that her husband is such a good guy. I'm glad to hear it. I think it's kind of rare.

Mary
  7. otis89

otis89 New Member

thanks pansygirl for the hugs, stumped, you made me laugh, too bad i dont have a squirt gun!, teejkay, just the words "bluebirds of happiness", puts a smile on my face, mbofov, bdtmu516, thank you so much for the kind words and support, i hope i can do the same for you all when you so need a pick-me-up, the power of kind words can do so much, thanks again, hugs to you all, otis89
  8. stumped

stumped New Member

How are you today? Hope the funk lifted. Threw my hip out doing the Elvis gig. Paybacks a B#@ch. Thats OK I'm still a kid at heart and act like one too. Frustration setting in with the docs concerning my daughter,niece and all you. Thats my dump for the day (sorry). I keep looking for solution and will not stop. I just wanted to check in with you and say hello and say "I do care". Your in my prayers and hope you sleep well. Stumped Pop......Rick
  9. tangie

tangie New Member

Otis89
    I can totally relate to how u feel. I have a fiancee and future mother-in-law that I live with and I feel the EXACT same way that u do. This is a VERY lonely illness and because we dont actually look sick, its very hard for anyone to believe that we are; even the people that live with us everyday! I hope that u feel better soon and hopefully things will begin to pick up for u. I just want to let u know that u r NOT alone in how u feel; oh and one other piece of advice: Dont let this disease make u lose whatever or whoever u hold dear, like I have. My relationship is practically ruined because of this damn CFS. I can no longer continue to be with these people that I love dearly because they dont understand the illness and I'm tired of being talked down to and completely misunderstood. If u really want to save ur marriage, then dispite the illness, PLEASE fight for it.
    God bless u and I hope ur feeling better soon.
  10. Iam1ShadyLady

Iam1ShadyLady New Member

The most awesome advice ever written when you are stressing!
    It is Matthew Chapter 6 verses 25-34.
    I actually posted this on another site but when I read your post I thought maybe it could help you. Sorry it's so long, but when it was pouring out, I couldn't stop it. hope it helps.

SHELL

Therefore I say unto you, do not worry about your life, what you will eat or what you will drink; nor for what you will put on. Is not life more than food and the body more than clothing?

Look at the birds of the air, for they neither sow nor reap nor gather into barns; yet your heavenly Father feeds them. Are you not of more value than they?

Which of you by worrying can add one cubit to his stature?

So why do you worry about clothing? Consider the lilies of the field, how they grow: they neither toil nor spin;

And yet I say unto you that even Solomon in all his glory was not arrayed like one of these.

Now if God so clothes the grass of the field, which today is, and tomorrow is thrown into the oven, will He not much more clothe you, O you of little faith?

Therefore do not worry saying, "What shall we eat?" or "What shall we drink?" or "What shall we wear?"

For after all these things the Gentiles seek. For your heavenly Father knows that you need all these things.

But seek first the kingdom of God and His righteousness, and all these things shall be added to you.

Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about its own things. Sufficient for the day is its own trouble.

I was having a bad day once, I had taken my son to the mall and had to sit down while he looked in the stores he wanted to and was feeling sorry for myself. I had a Gideon Bible in my purse and pulled it out for the first time and looked in the front under where to find help and there was anxiety which I read first because I was dealing with the anxiety of not being able to spend time with my son and over losing my job, there were these verses. I had the sweetest calm come over me.

I have turned all my troubles over to God, and although I struggle daily with this pain, fatigue and brain fog, I know that he will take care of me.

I want to share two things with you. First is a story of when my car got repo'd cause it broke down and we spent all our money trying to fix it and couldn't. The man who repo'd it was supposed to be a Christian, but instead of trying to work with us and help us get our car fixed he took it back. We only owed one payment on it.

Well I prayed and prayed. Luckily I was still driving a truck then so our boss took us back and forth when we came in which was over 100miles round trip. I had this feeling when we came in that we needed to go to this certain car lot. When we got there we looked everything over and I saw a 1997 Chrysler LHS. We only had $600 and this car was so nice. Leather interior, power everything, sweet car. I asked about it and we drove it and the transmission was going out. I ended up getting the car for$400!!!! I called around and found a transmission for $450 and dh put it in. My boss had loaned me the money for the transmission. This car was a true gift from God cause I am still driving it today. It is a beautiful car, not perfect, but perfect for me. It is the only car that I have ever driven that fits me perfectly. Even the seat belt adjusts down so it doesn't hit me in the neck!!! Dh was looking at another car for $400 and it was a junker. We went home that first day without buying a car cause he is a GM man and I wanted that Chrysler, but when I told him that night that I had a feeling about the car he didn't argue and agreed we should get it. Everytime I look at that car I get a wonderful feeling.

Now I want to share with you again, cause I have said it several times, that I have not worked since March 12th. We almost lost our house when my boss had to close down the trucking line due to fuel prices. We had no warning. We were supposed to leave out on Monday and they called Sunday nite and gave us the news. It was a shock to say the least but I am going to tell you that God did it for a reason. Toward the end it was agony for me to make those Texas trips. I can't tell you how I forced myself to drive when all I wanted to do was lay in the bed and cry. But I felt I had to do it to provide for my family so I kept pushing. If the company hadn't closed I'd still be out there, hammering down. God knew this and knew I couldn't keep it up so he stopped it for me. I was scared, worried, stressed you cannot imagine over losing everything that we have worked so hard for. It isn't the TajMahal, but it is our home.

I still cannot tell you how all this worked out like it did, but everytime we needed money it was there. We had gotten behind on our taxes and I filed three years at once, they owed us. Well the way we got it in the mail it was exactly when we needed it to cover a bill. We got caught up on our house payments and all utilities. The mental health place that I am going to loaned us the late payments and let me pay $15 a month back to them. My home is owner financed and the people we are buying it from gave us $100 back when we gave them the check for the late charges so Johnny could buy food for when he was in school. It touched my heart.

Once I took that leap of faith and put my trust in Him, he did exactly what these verses said, He took care of me and my family and He still is. I am in awe of Him.

I just had it laid on my heart to share this with you. I truly hope that it helps someone else who is going through a hard time. Don't give up, don't give in and put your trust in Him. He will take care of you.

Hugs,

SHELL

[This Message was Edited on 07/21/2008]
  11. Debra49659

Debra49659 New Member

otis, I can certainly relate to the loneliness even though I live in a full house it seems as if my family is coming and going...living their lives, yet I sit at home and struggling with this DD. I feel fortunate that my family understands and supports me as best as they can.

I am glad we have each other here....it is a blessing to have somewhere you can go and be understood 100%.

Im1shadylady...thanks for your reminder that there is someone watching out for all of us and that we need to trust we will be cared for:)

Hugs otis and I am glad you are feeling better!

Deb