Need Some Encouragement, Bad Week

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by Empower, Sep 3, 2005.

1. Empower

Empower New Member

I have CFS and have been afraid of how catching a flu or cold would make me feel

Well I got my answer this week....I have a cold and slight fever and it has sent me into a fast downward spiral

The exhaustion is unbelievable. I could not get out of bed this morning...I had to drag myself. I felt like someone had drugged me.

I have trouble even walking to the mailbox

I am very depressed and sad. I live on the river and watch all the people out on their boats this Labor Day Weekend and people swimming, having a good time. I have not been able to take a vacation for about 6 years

I am on disability (thank God) but my husband just got laid off.

I feel guilty feeling this way, since I have been laying in bed alot, watching CNN and seeing the horrendous conditions in the south.

I just want my life back (or some facsimile of it) I used to have a good paying job, a social life, and was the energizer bunny...now I struggle to fix myself something to eat.

I feel bad for my dog and my husband too

Sorry, I usually don't complain like this on this board, but I am having such a terrible time, and there really is no one to talk to

I had to give up my therapist, because I couldn't afford the co-pay since my husband lost his job

Just needed to vent....thanks
  2. BLUEROSE7

BLUEROSE7 New Member

Just want you to know you will be in my thoughts and Prayers. Any time we have some other illness come up ontop of what we already deal with its just a Double Whammy and...

It does make us very depressed. I was very sick with a bad cold and sinus infection awhile back and I thought I would never get over it....But just give your body the extra rest it needs and you will feel better soon.

I am sorry your husband was laid off from his job and I hope he will get back on his feet soon...

Hang in there..OK and vent anytime you need to...sometimes it helps to get it all out.

I hope you will feel better soon!!!

(((((((((((((HUGS)))))))))))))
    Bluerose
  3. elsa

elsa New Member

It really does seem like a there is no such thing as a simple cold for people with CFS. I know you feel horrible
    and I'm sorry you are having to go through it.

Don't apologize for feeling angry and sad about your situation. If you didn't let those feelings out here ...
    where people understand you then you'd only end up feeling worse in the long run.

I have been reading alot lately about keeping a journal. I keep one to help me keep track of my medicatins and supplements. I also write down how I am feeling physically if something has changed from the ordinary.

Do you keep a journal? Since you are unable to see your therapist right now, maybe it would be a good idea to write it all down ... in a safe place that only belongs to you. My mother did that when she and my father were going through a divorce. She said it helped to keep her emotions balanced.

I hope you feel better soon. ( And you will feel
    better eventually !!) Come and vent to us on the board
    when ever you need to .... that is one of the reasons we're
    here ... to help and support each other.

Take care,

Elsa
  4. Empower

Empower New Member

Thanks for letting me vent

Just reading the words "I understand, or care" helps alot, because there is really no way for someone without a chronic condition to understand this crazy CFS world.

Thank you all for taking the time to respond to my post. You are right, I generally don't get too depressed if I have the day to day "normal" exhaustion, but it is the "big exhaustion" that really depress me and SCARE me, becuase I fear that I will not come out of it

Thanks again
  5. NyroFan

NyroFan New Member

Empower:
    That is exactly what I have been feeling this week. I also got a cold and heard there was a bug going around.
    I am dragging myself everywhere and I believe all we can do is sleep it out. Just my opinion.
    NyroFan