Need some energy...too weak to type

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by Achy-shaky, Sep 6, 2002.

1. Achy-shaky

Achy-shaky New Member

it amazes me how some of you have the energy to do so much typing!!! one of my biggest complaints about this DD is the weak feeling. Before getting this I could type 90 wpm but now can hardly get to 35 some days without taking breaks after each few lines. I have cut out foods that make you tired like sugar & processed stuff, take lots of vitamins & don't take any heavy-duty meds, just IBU-800 and Prilosec in day and Mirapex at night for RLS. Also feel like I could fall asleep just sitting for more than 10 minutes. Anyone have any suggestions?
    Thanks All!
  2. Achy-shaky

Achy-shaky New Member

it amazes me how some of you have the energy to do so much typing!!! one of my biggest complaints about this DD is the weak feeling. Before getting this I could type 90 wpm but now can hardly get to 35 some days without taking breaks after each few lines. I have cut out foods that make you tired like sugar & processed stuff, take lots of vitamins & don't take any heavy-duty meds, just IBU-800 and Prilosec in day and Mirapex at night for RLS. Also feel like I could fall asleep just sitting for more than 10 minutes. Anyone have any suggestions?
    Thanks All!
  3. TiredbutWired

TiredbutWired New Member

Last week it hurt to type and my hand would get numb,so I tryed to not type and just viewed and am not sure if I got to answer everyone back.I am coming out of a relapse.I am afraid to write that because you never really know.I just woke up feeling like I was coming out of a coma.I looked in the mirror and said WELCOME BACK TRACY!We missed you.I constantly refer to myself as she and her since I have not seen her in a while.I guess WE must be the new me that I have not accepted yet.Funny and I wonder why doctors don't beleive in this DD but I do not even tell them I am depressed.You read this and you would think I have a major personality disorder.Do not have the Feeling like I could fall asleep problem anymore I take meds for that.Take Care,Tracey
  4. Shirl

Shirl New Member

We have our good days and our bad days. Sometimes I feel like I could move mountains, other times I can just about make it out of the bed.

I have Fibro, and don't have the fatigue as often as CFS people do, but I do get it often enough to know how you feel.

I sure hope you are feeling better soon.

Shalom, Shirl
  5. Achy-shaky

Achy-shaky New Member

what meds you take to keep from falling asleep? I'm getting scared to drive now. Thanks
  6. TiredbutWired

TiredbutWired New Member

I feel like I am selling something but I am not,it is just this drug has been so wonderful for me.I am on 200 mg.a day of provigil.Pull it up on one of your searchs.I constantly felt like I was going to fall asleep but not anymore,I have been writing poems thinking clearer it has just been amazing.Also I have tryed phentermine and it works too but I like the provigil better.Dr.Lapp has some lectures on treatment and stimulants is in there I can dig them up if you want.I have read people that love provigil as much as me and others it did not work for.I am treating my symptoms now and I never use to beleive in that.But it is what I need right now I just could not take it anymore.I have very bad insomnia and to feel like you are going to fall asleep all the time and not be able to is HORRIBLE.Take Care,Tracey