Need some good Shrimp recipes

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by hurts2003, Oct 10, 2005.

1. hurts2003

hurts2003 New Member

Hi all,

Just wandered if anyone has any good shrimp recipes. My husband and I go shrimping on weekends and we've had pretty good luck. We caught the limit that you are allowed (48 Qts.) Saturday night. They were all big nice shrimp. We are having homecoming at church on Sunday and I want to do something with the shrimp. I don't really want to do shrimp fried rice because 3 other people in the church go shrimping with us and they always bring the rice. I would love to get some new and different ideas if anyone has any recipes. We will probably go shrimping again Fri. & Sat. nights too and hopfully have good luck catching them again. I personally love them fried but you can't keep them hot enough so that they taste good if you have to cook them at least 2 hrs ahead of time.

thanks,
    tammy
  2. lauralea443

lauralea443 New Member

If you like spicy food i make a wonderful shrimp cocktial usally during the holidays.

1Lb Large or Med Shrimp
    1 can spicy tomatoes sauce or juice
    3 tomatoes
    2-3 avocados
    4 stalks celery
    1 cucumber
    1 bunch celantro (or to taste)
    2-4 hot chiles
    1 bottle clam juice
    1- white onion
    a few green onions
    a pinch of galic
    1-lemon
    salt & pepper to taste

chop every thing but the shrimp up and mix in large bowl. I usally serve in punch bowl with cups.

Mix in shrimp and place some large ones on top for decoration.

Enjoy, my family LOVES this.

You can also make crab cakes out of shrimp.
  3. jaltair

jaltair New Member

3 stalks of celery - cut but not diced
    1 yellow / sweet onion - cut but not diced
    1/2 or 1 green or red pepper (red gives great color!) - cut but not diced
    1/4 cup shishito chili (Japanese pepper, mild and sweet) / can substitute other mild chile to taste
    1/2 LB Fresh mushrooms - SLICED
    1/2 head of shredded cabbage
    1/4 head of shredded lettuce
    1/2 cup of unsalted peanuts or cashews
    1 1/2 lbs of peeled, large cooked shrimp
    2 T Asian vinegar with seasoning (or to taste)
    1 T Olive oil

Toss everything and add the Asian vinegar to taste. It tastes better after sittiing for about 2 hours at least. this allows the ingredients to marinate.

This makes a great light salad in a "modified", Thai tradition.
  4. hurts2003

hurts2003 New Member

They all sound good. Don't know which one to try first. Does anyone else have any others?

Tammy