Need some HELP on the right medication to take

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by Grandma6, Nov 15, 2005.

1. Grandma6

Grandma6 New Member

Hey All,

I told yawl awhile back about the horrible charlie-horses/cramps that I have been getting in my feet. They have worsened so much that last night I walked the floor most of the night and today they were so bad that I spent most of the day in tears.
    When I saw my Doc last week and told him about them he said there were 2 different meds I was taking that could cause this; Dextrol,(for ergency with urinating) and Levid, (for my IBS). Well since the Dextrol was the newest he suggested I cut the dosage and if I have not noticed any difference since I started them that we would just stop taking them. I opted to stop taking them, but unfortunatly the cramps are worse.

Oh Boy, this is the part that gets me so down and crying and you will understand after uou read it. I remember when I was around 18 my Mom,(she just recently passed away),use to have bad cramps in her feet and she took some natural meds to help her. It seems like one of thme was some kind of wheat germ pill and I don't remember what else.

THIS IS WHERE YOU ALL COME IN:
    I need any information about what I can take to stop these things. The grand kids ate supper with us tonight and I had to eat standing up at the kitchen counter because being that I'm short my feet don't reach the floor and my toes were cramping up so bad that I had to stand trying to get my feet in differeb positions. PLEASE - PLEASE GIVE ME SOME SUGGESTIONS AND I DONT CARE IF YOU THINK SOME OF YOUR IDEAS SOUND CRAZY, I'LL TRY ANYTHING.

Times like this are hard because just a few months ago I would have just picked up the phone and there would be Mom ready with all the right answers.

THANKS....Grandma6
  2. WoodstocksMusic

WoodstocksMusic New Member

You might try magnesium...my leg cramps got better when I increased my magnesium.

the magnesium might give you diarreha so increase it as tolearable.
  3. Bailey-smom

Bailey-smom New Member

if that wouldn't work together w/calcium to stop the cramping? Does anyone else know?

It seems to me I heard that when I was pregnant & I don't know why it would not work in this situation as well.? Hope someone else may have an opinion about this combo.

Kelly