Need some help: What is septic penumonia? What can cuase this infection?

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia and ME & Chronic Fatigue Syndrome' started by rosemarie, Jan 20, 2013.

1. rosemarie

rosemarie Member

I was admitted to the hospital the twenty second of december with septic peumonia> i have no clue as to what this really means or how it happened so fast> All my Symptoms felt like a bad fibro flare. My ribs ached so badly and it hurt to breathe. But I had no clue as to how sick I really was. I can't get the doctors to tell me what this septic penumonia really is. I have looked it up online and don't really get an answer,. I have read that spetis is a blood infection but that does not help me with telling me what septic penumonia really is. I am scared as my heart rate was so high and the heart meds I was given made me ache so badly and feel like I was dying. I have never been so terrified in my life. I spent 20 hours in ICU and another 20 on the medical unit with oxygen on at all times and a heart monitor as well. I have now been taken off all 02 and get to send back my coincentrator today. I have many questoins about this and I wanted to know if this type of penumpnia could cuase heart conditions as pericarditis? I hvae asked my GP and didn"t get a great answer>
    i have been home fore almost a month and am alot better but my ribs still hurt when i take a deep breath< but that could be due to poor air quality and extremely cold weather as we are haivn in utah now> it is minus nine degree"s right now> i have been wearing a mask every time i have left my house and i wear it when i go to the store as i don"t feel like my immune system is back to normal> and i don"t want to get this again> it was the most terriring experence i have been thru ever>
    please help me to understand this illness better> i am so confused and still scared>
    thanks<
    rosemarie
  2. jaminhealth

jaminhealth Well-Known Member

this to you, did you do your search about it. That's where I would go first, MD and the search on dr. google...

Please break up your paragraphs, it's hard to read your long comments....jam
  3. Nanie46

Nanie46 Moderator

Sorry to hear that you have been so sick.

It is likely that they meant you had sepsis as a complication of pneumonia.

Your Dr should be able to tell you what kind of infection caused the pneumonia and the resulting sepsis.

Saying a prayer for your healing.

4. neoplus1

neoplus1 Member

Sepsis is a term to describe the infection when it reaches the bloodstream. First you developed infection in your lungs which caused the pneumonia. Then the infection moved into your bloodstream as a complication.

It sounds like you are doing much better and will take some time before you are back to normal. Pneumonia can take a lot out of you. I'm glad you are doing better.

-Steve