Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by stinker56, Oct 28, 2008.

1. stinker56

stinker56 New Member

I have been on Enbrel now for 6 weeks. At first I thought maybe I was feeling better but not anymore.

My body feels like it has been beaten and is bruised to the touch. My shoulders and back ache all the time. I am sitting on a heating pad right now at work. It is a slow day thank goodness.

I haven't taken any methotrexate now for about two months or longer and my joints that have never hurt before hurt now. My wrists and fingers are red and swollen and they never bothered me before.

Did anyone else go through this during a transition from on drug to another??

I go back to the rheumy at the end of next month but I am not sure I can wait that long for relief. My ribs and chest ache. Everytime I move it hurts.

Do you think maybe I am just having a flare??I am also taking more pain meds that I ever have before. I take Percocet and can take it every six hours but usually won't take more than one a day but for the last couple of weeks, I have to take one even before the six hours is completely up. I have muscle relaxers too but can't take them and work.

Any ideas would be appreciated.

[This Message was Edited on 10/28/2008]
  2. 3gs

3gs New Member

not sure if I'll be much help. Not familar with drugs you are taking.

I feel like someone beat me with a baseball bat due to having terrible spasms at night. also pain meds are way up .

some of mine is do to weather and not being able to take relaxers.

i know meds have made me sick in past so it could be a flare or meds.

hard to tell with us.

try putting the heating pad on your hands.

have you been tested for arthritis?