Need some soap

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by scbutler, Aug 2, 2003.

1. scbutler

scbutler New Member

I'm visiting my son out of state and just found out that my dove white bar has salicylates. Can anyone help me find a soap and hair mousse? Thanks
  2. Mikie

Mikie Moderator

Dr. St. Amand has said that soap or shampoo are not of much concern because they are rinsed off the body. If you take baths, it wouldn't hurt to rinse the bath water off with the shower after.

I don't worry about which shampoo or rinse I use either. I can, however, tolerate some sals without blocking the Guai, so I may be able to tolerate more than you.

You might want to check liquid baby soaps. Baby products usually contain no sals.

Love, Mikie
  3. Jen F

Jen F New Member

It is a handcrafted goat milk soap.

There are a few varieties, like plain or lavendar or the current one I'm trying with hemp. I dont' really prefer this one cause the hemp has this very very faintly unpleasant smell, imo. But I love the plain and the lavendar.

I happen to have the label from this current bar.

Ingredients:

goat's milk [35%], sodium hydroxide, vegetable shortening, olive oil, canola oil, castor oil, wheat germ oil, help oil.

It is Opeongo Mountain meadow Handcrafted sopa and they have a website. I don't know if they mail to the U.S. but if you want their website, you can email me at catgal33@hotmail.com.

I think they are near Ottawa, but an MCS friend of mine introduced me to the soaps and I get them from her. Hmm...I wonder maybe if there are distributors in the U.s. It's possible.

Hope you find a soap you like without salicylates. Jen F
  4. Seagull

Seagull New Member

Both of these have been on lists of salicylate-free items. Both my husband and I use the bath soap, btw. He has dry skin and really likes how it feels after showering with the Caress. :) I do not use anything on my hair other than conditioner, so can't help with the mousse.

seagull
  5. AnnG

AnnG New Member

These are wonderful French soaps. There is every natural scent available: Lavendar (with pieces of lavendar in them, is very soothing), cucumber, lemon verbena,.......
  6. Susan07

Susan07 New Member

For my face I use Cetaphil.

In the shower I use Aveeno Skin Relief Body Wash (Fragrance Free).

I am allergic to alot of things but these have never given me any problems.

The other thing I have started using recently which is clearing up some problems on my face is Witch Hazel, very cheap, just put on one of those cotton rounds and wipe my face.