Need some suggestions

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by sisland, May 1, 2006.

1. sisland

sisland New Member

Hi all
    I burned alot of candles and incense in my apt! and now i have that black soot running around the top of the walls! Yeah!!! the walls are painted white . just wondering if anyone has any suggestions for a cleaning solution that would help to git rid of it?? ............................thanks for any tips!! sisland Bump
  2. findmind

findmind New Member

The best wall cleaner in the world is TSP...buy at home depot or such...

Wash from the bottom up!
    Wear a cloth mask and rubber gloves.
    Wash, then with 2nd pan of water, rinse.

It is a good pre-painting prep wash, also.

Make sure area well ventilated.

If you are especially sensitive to smells, let someone else do it and you get out of house for a couple of hrs while its being done.

BTW...a lot of cheaper candles will make you sick...hope you're not using them!

findmind
  3. elliespad

elliespad Member

Yeah, I was burning a Yankee Candle on the back of my toilet tank cover, over a period of a week. After a while I noticed a VERY sooty area about 3 feet above the candle and fanning out a bit as it went up. Never knew this would happen. I had to scrub and scrub with bathroom cleaner. Didn't do a very good job of removing all the soot, so I would try the other posters' suggestion.
  4. sisland

sisland New Member

Hi
    thanks alot for the great info on this cleaning process!! I think i'll have it done and then re paint! i'm now only burning soy tarts the are alot better smelling and alot cleaner!!......................................thanks again gals!