Need some support and prayers

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by nitalynn, Dec 11, 2002.

1. nitalynn

nitalynn New Member

I work in retail. Several of our shipments go caught in the recent snow storms in northeast. We got in two large trucks yesterday and processed merchandise until 2AM this morning, got a few hours sleep and went back at 10AM and worked till 5 this evening. It is really wild and wooley out there in the stores right now and will only get worse between now and Christmas. And it wont immediately get any better. There will be returns for 2 to 3 weeks after that. So far I'm holding up pretty good but am pretty tired.
  2. nitalynn

nitalynn New Member

I work in retail. Several of our shipments go caught in the recent snow storms in northeast. We got in two large trucks yesterday and processed merchandise until 2AM this morning, got a few hours sleep and went back at 10AM and worked till 5 this evening. It is really wild and wooley out there in the stores right now and will only get worse between now and Christmas. And it wont immediately get any better. There will be returns for 2 to 3 weeks after that. So far I'm holding up pretty good but am pretty tired.
  3. BonBons

BonBons New Member

I feel for you. My son has been in retail his whole career; it's hard at Christmas - all the stress and pressure. I'll add you to my prayers tonight; and wish you the best. Don't let any of those crazy shoppers push you around either!
    BonBon
  4. Shirl

Shirl New Member

Will be praying for you, God bless anyone who is exposed to all those 'crazies' for the last minute shopping!

I did most of mine on the phone, and out of the way stores early this year.

I keep all recipts, if they want to return something, I mail it back to QVC! I bring nothing back, if I don't like/use it, well I just pass it on.

Christmas got to be a very poor season, people just go bananas these days.

Will pray you hold up under all this stress.

Shalom, Shirl

5. Bambi

Bambi New Member

Hi,
    I'm pretty new here but I certainly do
    feel for you, and I will definitely be praying for you! My daughter works in
    a grocery store, night shift. She does
    the price changes, I guess it's officially auditing. By the time she
    gets home around 8:30 a.m. she's limping and in severe pain. She's been
    DX'd since about this time last year after the usual run around with doctors. Her symptoms have increased so fast, I've had it for over 20 years
    but it took this last five for it to
    get severe. I do feel so bad for you
    ladies that have to work retail and be
    on your feet for so many hours. I admire you and my daughter completely,
    I could not do it. Take care.
  6. 1Writer

1Writer New Member

I haven't been in retail for years, but I was in Advertising and that's a very fast paced and demanding job. Hang in there and I'll say a prayer that you make it thru the season...

Ho! Ho! Ho!

1Writer