Need some support, friends

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by BonBons, Dec 10, 2002.

1. BonBons

BonBons New Member

I often post but rarely ask for help (even in my daily life). I had a wonderful interview last week and still haven't heard from them. Like an idiot, I told the truth about my last job, citing illness as the reason I left. I did some soul-searching and told myself the truth is always best. Before I had these illnesses, I NEVER had to worry about being hired. I had jobs lined up before I left any, and offers galore. I am now in my 5th month of searching. I felt the interview went well and know that I am completely qualified. I'm sure I'm impatient, too, but I expected to hear by now according to their time-line. My sensitivity quotient is WAY up there right now, too. I am waiting for a reconsideration from SS but we need income yesterday. I've got to try again. I was not diagnosed with CFS before which further hampers my SS chances, but now the doc I saw today and last week is telling me he suspects that's it. You can read my profile for the rest of the story, many, many years of these symptoms and no resolution. The new doc took me off ALL meds except Effexor and Synthroid, and I'm concerned about my HBP, the migraines,anxiety, sciatica, allergies (which he says I may not have, even tho I tested positive for 9 molds, dust mites, and a few trees 3 years ago (no partridges in pear trees, tho). My mind is racing and my heart is too. Of course I'll talk to him about it but I felt a strong need to reach out to y'all. I can't see a psychiatrist yet (the SS attorney told me I needed to see one to prove depression and anxiety) because our health insurance cards are 10 days late and none of them will see me w/out it. PLUS it's the holidays and my car broke and cost $800 to get it fixed and we have very little $ anyway. So please, pray for me and my husband, I really need it. Just last night I fell asleep with the most perfect peaceful feeling I'd had in years. Today, after waiting too long and being kicked around by the surly doc's staff I've lost that peace. I asked for med samples and you'd have thought I'd decapitated the nurse! I am also so enraged by SS's refusal to look at my 30 year work record and say, well, gee, she really worked hard, didn't she? But after reading some of your trials with them, I don't feel so alone. Florida seems to be a tuff state to get it from, too, even if it is a Federal program. Anyway, thanks for listening. You are all terrific. One day at a time, right? BonBons
  2. BonBons

BonBons New Member

I often post but rarely ask for help (even in my daily life). I had a wonderful interview last week and still haven't heard from them. Like an idiot, I told the truth about my last job, citing illness as the reason I left. I did some soul-searching and told myself the truth is always best. Before I had these illnesses, I NEVER had to worry about being hired. I had jobs lined up before I left any, and offers galore. I am now in my 5th month of searching. I felt the interview went well and know that I am completely qualified. I'm sure I'm impatient, too, but I expected to hear by now according to their time-line. My sensitivity quotient is WAY up there right now, too. I am waiting for a reconsideration from SS but we need income yesterday. I've got to try again. I was not diagnosed with CFS before which further hampers my SS chances, but now the doc I saw today and last week is telling me he suspects that's it. You can read my profile for the rest of the story, many, many years of these symptoms and no resolution. The new doc took me off ALL meds except Effexor and Synthroid, and I'm concerned about my HBP, the migraines,anxiety, sciatica, allergies (which he says I may not have, even tho I tested positive for 9 molds, dust mites, and a few trees 3 years ago (no partridges in pear trees, tho). My mind is racing and my heart is too. Of course I'll talk to him about it but I felt a strong need to reach out to y'all. I can't see a psychiatrist yet (the SS attorney told me I needed to see one to prove depression and anxiety) because our health insurance cards are 10 days late and none of them will see me w/out it. PLUS it's the holidays and my car broke and cost $800 to get it fixed and we have very little $ anyway. So please, pray for me and my husband, I really need it. Just last night I fell asleep with the most perfect peaceful feeling I'd had in years. Today, after waiting too long and being kicked around by the surly doc's staff I've lost that peace. I asked for med samples and you'd have thought I'd decapitated the nurse! I am also so enraged by SS's refusal to look at my 30 year work record and say, well, gee, she really worked hard, didn't she? But after reading some of your trials with them, I don't feel so alone. Florida seems to be a tuff state to get it from, too, even if it is a Federal program. Anyway, thanks for listening. You are all terrific. One day at a time, right? BonBons
  3. kellym

kellym New Member

I'm sorry to hear that you're going through such a rough period! You do post a lot of GREAT stuff, and I always enjoy reading your responses.

I'm with you on the truth being the best policy when asked, even if it hurts our chances. And if they refuse to hire you for telling the truth, than it is their loss. I understand how hard it is in the meantime, considering it took me a year after college to find a job, and then I lost it 11 months later from this DD. And it took a few more months to find my new part-time office job. Its rough out there, especially with the economy in the state its in. I wish you the best of luck in your job search. Try not to be too discouraged, the RIGHT one will come along eventually, and in God's perfect timing.

In the meantime, I would pursue the avenue of SS and try to get something out of that if you can. I had to fight and fight for 6 months (which I realize is VERY short compared to SS) to get my unemployment back pay, but it paid off.

All I can say, is don't give up, girl! And, I hope God restores that peace you found last night. Just trust in Him for absolutely everything, and I believe He will see you through this valley!

P.S. I don't understand why doc offices are so freaky about samples, either! They're free!

P.P.S. What happened to your car?

God bless and hugs,
    Kelly M
  4. sls1968

sls1968 New Member

I am sorry to hear that you are having a rough time. I wish you a lot of luck in finding a job or getting SS. You have been more than kind in welcoming me and giving advice or a shoulder to others and I wish you some kindness and happiness in return.

Prayer and hugs,
    Sonja
  5. sofy

sofy New Member

Sure cant do anything to really help except to reach out my hand across this page. Hope the warm touch of firendship offers a small measure of comfort. Sofy
  6. teach6

teach6 New Member

I'm sorry to hear you are going through hard times right now. I hope that you will soon find a resolution to them so you can focus on caring for yourself.

Take care,
    Barbara
  7. kadywill

kadywill New Member

I am sending lots of love and warm, soft hugs your way and I pray that God will wrap you in a peaceful, soft cloud and protect you from further pain and distress!!!
    With empathy,
    Kady
  8. Rich333

Rich333 New Member

I just had to say something. We need to help each other especially at this time of year.

I too live in the great state of Florida. It is really tough here sometimes, not a good place to have troubles.

The docs have not been kind to me either. Sometimes the staff in these offices can be cruel. On the other hand I got a huge discount on an MRI when I told them I had no insurance.

I am too foggy to be much help, just wanted to say I understand and you are not alone.

Richard
  9. BonBons

BonBons New Member

I knew I could count on all of you - Kelly not sure why but I started crying the minute I read your sweet post. My car needed a timing belt. It's nearly paid for, that's why! Thanks to each of you; here I am 1:20am still awake; I will be better tomorrow - words cannot adequately express my gratitude. I am pleased with myself for asking for help, and ecstatic (always with the superlatives, me) with your sympathetic responses Fog is my friend, but I've got clarity enough to know a rare gift in all of you! I got a good recommendation for a psychiatrist tonight and a gift of some homemade jewelry. I know better than to worry so much; I'm feeling very sick tonight, cold and headache and sciatica; maybe that brought on the old familiar blues. Love and peace to you every day. I thank God for the people on this board every single day. BonBon
  10. pam_d

pam_d New Member

Politely bug the hirers at the job you interviewed for! If they were a little squeamish when you truthfully told about your illness, contact THEM to show you're serious about this job. What do you have to lose if they aren't calling you?? I will hope for the best for you on all fronts--job, finances, SS, etc. Good luck & let us know how it goes. WE CARE!!

Hugs,
    Pam
  11. AnitaQuiles

AnitaQuiles New Member

Hi,
    I just wanted to thank you for mentioning your situation. We can all relate to it one way or another. I just lost my job because I mentioned to my wonderful boss about not being able to carry heavy stuff, I have costochondritis and just came from the hospital too. She told me that she cannot do a thing for me and that because I was absent so much (according to her, and I was working part time), she had to let me go.
    I realized that I do not wish to work with people like that.
    I wish the best to you and lets not let this dreadful conditon rob us of our lives!
    I live in the wonderful state of FL....and my rehumatologist has told me that he is not going to write or fill out papers for SSI if that is what I was going there for. As a matter of fact he always finds that I am doing SO fine...yeah right! It is not him who suffers all day long with aches and pains!
    I have to go now. Take care.
    aq