Need some time away

Discussion in 'Spirituality/Worship' started by readalot, Aug 31, 2004.

1. readalot

readalot New Member

Hi,

I am going to be away for awhile. There are things in my life to sort out. I also need a change. I feel lacking. I don't know when I will be back. Thanks for the support. May God bless you all, and keep you each day.

readalot
  2. BILLCAMO

BILLCAMO New Member

No matter what happens , you will be in our prayers & thoughts!!! You will be welcome here any time you wish to return!!!!!!

Blessings , b/c.
  3. grge

grge New Member

I am praying God will touch you and lift your spirits, I pray that God will give you a clear mind and direct your thoughts I pray you will be surrounded by peace and tranquility and that God will lead you and surround you with His love.
    georgia
    [This Message was Edited on 09/02/2004]
  4. readalot

readalot New Member

Hi,

Things have been overwhelming lately. When I reach out to people in crisis it really deflates me when I don't get the support I need. I am not talking about the board, but mostly where I am at where I live. It is like emptying a glass and not filling it up again, because no one offered me anything to fill it up. I hope I am making sense.

The example is when Jessica was posting. There are things that need to be taken care of where she is at. I had been to sites that allow that to go on. We have moderators who step in. People on the internet can not really help people like what they need. It leaves a person feeling helpless. That is why it is not allowed. My message here is that if a person themself or know some one in that situation to intervine for them, or get help. I have been there. The whole thing left me feeling drained when it happened here.

Thank you for your prayers. I don't know how often I can come, but will when I can.

May the Lord bless you all, and keep you.

readalot
  5. BILLCAMO

BILLCAMO New Member

Overwhelming , seems to be one of the "symptoms" of our DDs. Even though it is not approached directly very often..... IMHO ... Jessica asked for help several times... but did not seem to listen... She just seemed to post again & again & again...
    \/

What I have seen here , she did receive warnings in her email box... but the posting continued...people who were trying to help seemed to be ignored....

There are a lot of people that tried to help her... but she didn't seem to listen... People who were trying to help her felt that their attempts weren't being " heard".... THEY FELT STRESS...

At some point , people here also have to be protected....

I'm not saying all I want to say , but I hope it is enough for you to understand... If not , I have not been able to overcome my DDs enough for a good reply.. But , I continue to try...

Blessings , b/c.
  6. readalot

readalot New Member

Thanks for you replies. It has been hard on me lately. Right now I am battling a cold. I have been spending the weekend wanting to sleep. I'll be glad when I get over this. There are things I need to do, besides cat napping. Talking about cats, my cat has been finicy lately. I really need that when I can't afford to buy different kind of food. My aunt did bring some over, and the cat ate.

BILLCAMO, I do understand what you are saying in your post. There are times I have to hold back for reasons, when it concerns others. I am doing better after the incident.

Dixielee, I have noticed that there are more people on this board. How Christians can unite from anywhere, and pray for each other.

There is a scripture that said something like two or more is gathered in my name, I am in the midst of them. I have been trying to find it, but haven't yet. I have to look more.

readalot
  7. readalot

readalot New Member

This is the scripture I was trying to find earlier

For where two or three are gathered together in my name, there am I in the midst of them.

Matthew 18:20
  8. readalot

readalot New Member

Hi,

I really like your post on fellowship with God, worshiping, and all. That is really good, and true.

I do have some family here. My mom, sister, and 2 aunts. I have a brother who lives 28 miles from here, but he hasn't have anything to do with the rest of us. We were close for awhile, but cut me off around the time I was in the hospital. That really hurt. My dad and 2 other brothers live about 250 miles from here. I have a sister who lives in Oregon. I just met her last year. She was put up for adoption when she was born. That happened in 1959. So we met when I was 48 and she 43. It was a good reunion. She is not good at writing. I sent her e-mails and haven't heard from her the last few times. Her birthday is coming up next week, so I will sent her greetings.

We don't have support groups in the church I go to. It is a small church in a small town. They do have children programs, and youth programs, There is nothing for me, a middle aged single (never married) woman. Seems like everyone has their own thing. It is hard being alone especially with depression, and pain, and dealing with all I am dealing with. I am thinking about going to another church in another town. Money is so tight that I can't spend the money on gas. I have been off from work for 4 days, and haven't driven anywhere. I do need to go to the next town to get some things at the store. I get paid tomorrow, so I have to wait until the bank closes today.

I use to share the songs at church, and other places, but after awhile I got discouraged, because of the lack of support (moral) and was going through alot of things. For many years didn't go to church. It is a long story so I won't go into it. Right now I have most on one of my websites. I have been sharing by giving it out, and posting them on here. As far as singing the songs, I have to get in alot of practice. Since I am home now, I have been working toward that and other writings. I was so busy with work, that took most of my energy.

I still don't feel good. The cold is awful. I have been laying around the last four days. I am sick of it. I work the next three days.

I forgot. My mom called yesterday, and have a nice visit. My aunt did too. I think my sister went camping. I didn't want to go visit anyone with the cold.

I have a good friend, who went to the church I went to. He and his family is attending another church in another town. They moved there. We keep in touch by phone. He is a true friend, and really cares. I see them at times. It is a busy time with them right now. Alot going on.

Oh, I made a long post. I have been trying to post more, but I end up going off, because I don't feel good. I have another song to post when I am able to get it on. Hopefully this evening.

May the Lord bless you, and keep you. I am praying for you and your husband. It is hard with dealing with an unbelieving spouse. I pray that God will soften his heart, and see his need for Jesus.

readalot
  9. readalot

readalot New Member

Hi,

I have another sister in the town about 250 miles away. I do keep in touch with family here, but every one is busy, so it is not real often. Having more people helps fill the void. That is why I mentioned with my latest poem that I have people in my life, but still feel forgotten. When I am down, I don't feel like reaching out to some one, and say what a beautiful day.

I hope today is better for you.

readalot
  10. MusicTeacher

MusicTeacher New Member

Hi there readalot

I've just picked up this posting and want to say I'm really sorry things are so rough for you now. I want to encourage you to keep in touch with this community for we care about you.

Right now I am praying for you here in the UK and hoping that in trying to sort your life out you will find peace. Try and let God into your life and that searching - he's waiting to guide you but, so often, we think we know better!

Just be reassured across the world we are lifting you and your needs to him and he will be gracious and loving to you if you can let him. God is good!

Love and prayers
    Music Teacher (UK)
  11. readalot

readalot New Member

Hi,

I haven't been feeling very well. The cold is getting better slowly. I forced myself to go to work this week. I work 3 days a week for about 6 hours a day. I haven't been sleeping very well. I have to get up around 4 in the morning. I haven't been getting enough sleep. I was taking vitamins, but ran out a couple months ago. The stress and all have been taking a toll on me. Thanks for praying for me. I have been praying too, sometimes frustrated because the cold is taking alot of energy from me.

I did get my first paycheck on Wednesday. That helped. It looks like I will be late on a couple bills. I have too many at the first part of the month. I will get them with the second check in less than 2 weeks now. I just have to get past this rough spot.

The job is going fine. I am finally getting relief from the back pain. I have a more comfortable chair to work in. It is still hard on me to work. I am still waiting to hear from SS.

I should be visiting other churches soon. The one that I went to visit a few months ago sounded good. It is in a town 9 miles away. I don't have a problem driving there. I don't know anyone else in my town that goes to that church. It takes about 10 to 15 minutes to get there. It is highway 65 miles per hour. People around here are used to driving far alot. Most work in the town that is 20 miles away.

I have a hard time meeting other people. I have been hurt so many times when I trusted people to be friends. It is a step I need to take. I trust the Lord will help me. I just have so much going on right now.

I play praise CD's on my stereo most of the time. It is very helpful.

Dixie I hope you are feeling alot better now. Colds are awful. They are going around at work.

I will be off from work the next four days. I will be able to get my rest. I will post the peom that I said that I was going to post. Also there is some scriptures in Psalms that I thought was really good. I haven't been online much the last 3 days.

Thanks again for posting, and caring. It makes me feel better to know that there are people who care, and don't give up on me.

May God bless you all, and keep you each day.

readalot
  12. readalot

readalot New Member

Hi,

I still feel tired, but I am not coughing as much. It is more now, because it is time to take more cough medicine. I got my laundry done. i made potato soup for supper. It was so good and satisfying. It has been raining today. Gives me a break from watering, since I haven't felt up to it.

How did you like being a church secretary? The advance visit with the paster is a good idea. I have never done that before. I do not feel comfortable talking about the depression. There is such a stigma that really frustrates me. I have shared about it where I am going now, and the need for people who have time for me, and that I am alone. I did not get any help that way. It made things worse. Just the friendly hellos on Sunday morning, and if I am not feeling good, they just walk away. The good part of sharing ahead of time is that to find out what kind of people I will be dealing with, and how they will accept me. On the other hand, I will have to deal with the rejection, or some talk on how to snap out of it. Then there are people who won't be honest. I have to be ready to venture out. I am thinking of staying home tomorrow.

I am glad that the Lord is everywhere, and that we can communicate with Him anywhere. Don't have to go to some kind of building to do that. The early church met in homes, they had to be supportive of each other. The Christians were being persecuted, and it was illegal for them to practice their beliefs. We are not facing those kind of things now, but we still need to be supportive of one another. It is a battle ground daily. Need to gather for strength, and encouragement. Not to be clickish social clubs. I thank the Lord that he is not a respector of persons.

How did the meeting with the friend who walked out of your life when you needed her? I don't know what I would do in that situation. It is fine if people apoligize, and are sincere. I would be afraid that they would do the same thing again.

I hope that you are feeling better. I did sleep good last night. I hope to tonight, and to feel better tomorrow. I hope to be replying to other posts soon. I feel for people who are going through a rough time, and others who they care for is too. I hope the storms will be over soon. I don't watch the news on the weekends. I pray for you all in the southeastern part of the country.

Take care, and may God bless you and keep you each day. I need to lay down now.

((((Hugs)))

readalot