Need suggestions about choosing the right job

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by daylight, Aug 23, 2006.

1. daylight

daylight New Member

My doctor feels that I should work again as do I. The problems is that when I work I get sick but I'm willing to try. I used to work as a mental health worker but that might be out of the question to me being fired from my last job for being sick. I have trouble sitting or standing for periods of thirty minutes at a time. And lifting is difficult. However were there is a will there is a way.
    I'm also concerned with dealing with the job interview. I've been out of work for six months now . How do I explain that? I'm so-so on the computer but very slow because my hands hurt. Also I have to find a way to afford clothes . The old ones don't fit. I've gained weight from the meds. but am determined to lose it.
    Any suggestions????
  2. kirschbaum26

kirschbaum26 New Member

Dear Daylight:

I would think that you might try something part time. Also, find out if you can have access to any job programs that more or less match your skills and abilities with employers who want to hire people who may be partially disabled. Not sure if you received unemployment or not, but they might know there.

Think about what you can do, and how long you think you can do it. If you try and find you cannot manage even a part time job, you might want to discuss with your doctor again.

Good luck to you.

Ingrid