Need Support-Christmas Greetings from the Couch!

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by anakinkaid, Dec 24, 2005.

1. anakinkaid

anakinkaid New Member

Well, I feel like an idiot. I managed Xmas pretty well all things considered: family helped w/ the tree, dinner precooked, gifts wrapped in stages, etc. Then last night, I was standing on my porch, the joint pain hit very hard and I fell down 12 steps of stairs. I'm bruised and so so shaken. I'm ok (Nothing broken, just strained) but the depression is so bad this morning. Am I never to get a break here, even when I try to work with this illness? And in a few hours the relative comes and it's 'happy, happy' time and I feel horrible. Help!
    Ana
  2. Sandyz

Sandyz New Member

(((BIG HUGS TO YOU))))
    That is just awfull that you fell on top of everything else. I feel the same way about this disease...that it never lets up, never gives us a break. Its just so unfair.

I think you should tell your company what happened. Rest and let them take over. X-mas is supposed to be about giving and your hurt so they can do for you for a change.

I have to go to my sisters today and I really don`t feel up to it. I`m kind of dreading it. It will be nice to see my family but its a two hour drive and her husband can be kind of a jerk at times. So, I`m stressed out.

I just wish you a Merry Christmas and hope your day goes well.
    [This Message was Edited on 12/25/2005]
  3. Jen102

Jen102 New Member

Hope you feel better. Jen102