Need Support Please!

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by Sheryl, Mar 3, 2003.

1. Sheryl

Sheryl New Member

Hi,
    Having a hard time finding the energy to keep pushing myself. My daughter has had one illness after another. First a sinus infection in Dec. that turned into pneumonia. She just didn't seem to get completely well again. By early Feb. she started with a fever that wouldn't go away. Told all the usual virus crap after all the blood work etc. and just give it time, while the school keeps getting on our case. She did't get better and darned if on Feb. 21st she had an emergency appendectomy. More time lost from school. Still no time to take care of myself. Slept on one of those hard cots in the hospital for three nights. Now it's been 11 days and everyone, even the docs office seems to think that all her pain should be gone. 11 days after surgery! Anyone have any experience with an appendectomy that was "normal" not burst. How long does the pain last, realisticly? I am also taking care of a 1&1/2 year old. My pain is the worst it's been in awhile and I feel like I'm losing my hold on my personal care as there is no time left for me. No one around to help during the day. Can't take my meds as I usually would as I can't afford to get even more fatigued than I am. I hane FMS and MPS. Any ideas on how to push myself through until my daughter improves?

Thanks for listening,
    Hugs,
    Sheryl
  2. Chrissy2

Chrissy2 New Member

Sheryl,

Is there anyone around that could help out with little things to free up more time for you--laundry, house cleaning, etc.? Maybe just being there so you could take a nap? I would suggest calling your church. If you don't have a home church, perhaps you could ask around to find which local churches or organizations have a good volunteer program. I know it's hard to ask for help from family members, and especially from strangers. But think of doing it for your kids. The better you take care of yourself, the better you can mommy them. You need to take care of yourself, too.

I will be praying for your daughter's healing, and yours, too :eek:)

Love, Chrissy
  3. LeLeHpr

LeLeHpr New Member

I agree with Chrissy, please call your church! They can have someone come in to babysit for you, bring in meals and help do small chores. God is good and he will help you get through this ruff patch!

Soft hugs and lots of prayers,

LeLe
  4. baybe

baybe New Member

that appendectomies are painful. Doctors always say you should be done with the pain. That's just what doctors do.
    Please, take your medications, stopping cold turkey doesn't help anyone. Remember, if you don't take care of yourself you can't be there for anyone else. Your daughter will hurt for awhile and then mend. Doctors will be what they are and time will take care of all things. But please take care of yourself "one day at a time" the big stuff will follow. Don't be afraid to ask for help, I don't attend a regular church so I would have no luck there, but maybe a neighbor, or even a friend of your daughters could come over and keep her entertained while you take a break or if she is too young maybe one of the mother's at school.
    If the school was on your back, maybe you can turn that around and ask for help there. Just a few ideas, to just get you through. The doctors have a high tolerance for others pain, but realistically they wouldn't jeopardize her, so give yourself a break