NEED SUPPORT with fibro and adrenal fatigue, please

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by Seeseaisme, Aug 9, 2005.

1. Seeseaisme

Seeseaisme New Member

I went to the new dr. yesterday and was told I have adrenal fatigue on top of fibromyalgia.

I just feel like giving up sometimes and staying in bed with the covers pulled up. But, the good news is - I don't have lupus or r/a.

The dr. does not see me the nurse does. She has a bunch of initials after her name (A.R.N.P.). I'm clueless on that, except she's a nurse practioner. The dr. my family dr. referred me to is in such high demand, that she sees a lot of the patients.

I would prefer to see the M.D. but the first appoint I could get with him was in Oct. so the nurse (we will call her Ginny) will have to do for now. She seems very knowledgable and caring. This is the 2nd visit with her.

So, the lab tests came back and she says I have adrenal fatigue and if I continue as I am, I will end up bed-ridden or hospitalized. So she says that I need to take short term disability at work and be off for a while.

Problem is my short term disab. will not cover a nurse's notes only an M.D. Ginny said the dr. can sign her notes, but that happened once before when I used my disab. at work and liked to never got it covered.

So I left a message with my family dr. stating I need him to give me note to be off work and will need paperwork filled out for the disab. coverage. And they tell me not to be stressed!!! duh! ok

So guys and gals, pray for me and wish me the best. I need support right now. Thanks
  2. suzetal

suzetal New Member

All will work out hand in there. I also needed to do that in Oct.2003 it all worked out for me.I no longer work can not anymore and miss it so so much .My position was very stressful .I was an assistant manager for a big retail chain.
    I got my temp LTD . But now have to fight them in court for the permanent LTD. I have a good case and know I will win. All ins. co. try to do this .Hang in there you will get it.
    Best of Luck to you.
    Hang in there
    Sue
  3. gina1211

gina1211 New Member

I have had fibro and chronic for 20 years and went many places. I hear and feel your pain about not having good notes and care. Finally there is a TRUE fibromyalgia & fatigue center through out the USA that has opened. You can locate them at www.fibroandfatigue.com. They have given me hope again in my life. I was overwhelmed the first time I went. What a work up and 27 tubs of blood drawn.On my second visit the explained to me down to the cellular level of my blood how this disorder was effecting my life.With in minutes they had a team of their people meeting my needs of working with getting the right labs to compound special medications for my conditions.Teaching me how to cart my care and reassurring me that life many not look so good to me right now but it will be better addressing each body condition one at a time. These people are specially trained Doctors and staff for Fibromyalgia & Fatigue Center.
    I am not an advertisement for them I am a Fibromyalgia and Fatigue suffer that see's hope now coming back into her life.
    Regina Ragan
    Macon,GA
  4. Seeseaisme

Seeseaisme New Member

5. helpeachother

helpeachother New Member

Hi C, sorry about your overwhelming new adrenal fatigue and paperwork stuff. That can be so stressful, but take it a step at a time and keep on trying.

My question is do you rmemeber all the tests you mentioned about the Adrenal Fatigue? I must get going on this as i suspect its part of my maladies also.

Thanks and best of luck. Peace
  6. ldbgcoleman

ldbgcoleman New Member

Adrenal fatigue may be causing or exascerbating many of your symptoms. If you go into adrenal failure that is addisons and it can be very serious. If you fix the adrenal problem your symptoms may get better. Good Luck with it!

gina in macon- I am in Atlanta and I also go to FFC Atlanta. I am feeling so much better! Tell us your history how long you have been going ect... KIT Lynn
  7. Seeseaisme

Seeseaisme New Member

fibro fog- so can't concentrate on all this stuff this morning. Answer to some questions - the test(s) were blood work. I'm not big on medical jargon so I'm looking at lab results (literally) now and will try to translate. (bear with me)

Ferritin,Serum (iron?)

CD21 (no clue)

Estradiol

DHEA S+CortAM

There were lots of other results, but they were ok. The ones above are the ones that showed problems.

The nurse (ginny) - names have been changed to protect the innocent, lol, has suggested some supplements that I started yesterday, they are

DHEA - 5mg in morning

Rhodiola - 410mg 1 in am, work my way up to 2 after 1-2wks

End Fatigue - daily energy B complex 1 in am

Vitamin C - work up to 3000 - 5000 mg a day (can cause loose stool) ginny notes Well.........that's an understatment. I stayed in bathroom "a lot" yesterday. I took 2 which is only 700mg, so I can't imagine 3000-5000.

Ginny also told me to buy the book Adrenal Fatigue by Wilson, which I did at Barnes & Noble for $14.95 +tax (let's not forget about tax, cause irs doesn't come april).

As an update, my family M.D. did not give me a reply on time off, so I called Ginny's office back and they faxed a note for me to be off work until next Tuesday.

So, I have a book to read in only a few days, right. I've skimmed through the book and basically, to strengthen your adrenals, your lifestyle has to change - lots of big factors like stress, diet, sleep.

Thanks so much for all your replies and I will keep you posted if you'd like. We're all in this together.

Quote for the day : When you're right fight like man, when you're wrong, fight like a woman.

8. gabdeb

gabdeb New Member

did you do the saliva adrenal stress test? or blood test? just wondering cause my dr wants me to do the saliva one and i havent heard on anyone talk about it. thanks. deb
  9. Seeseaisme

Seeseaisme New Member

It was blood test. Not saliva.

Thanks for your reply. Does your doc think you have adrenal fatigue?
  10. helpeachother

helpeachother New Member

Thank you see
  11. dan0248

dan0248 New Member

I have the same thing and was using a trial drug called Mirapex at a dosage of .125 mg three times a day. It was super, it not only worked well fighting the fatigue that goes with this DD Fibromyaliga, and it also helped with my hand and body tremors on top of it. But my insurance will only pay for generic and there is no generic replacement. It was great will it lasted, just a note it was $320 for three months, that works out to be about $1.19 a day. It was way too much for my meager budget living on these SSD guidelines is no fun at all.
  12. Seeseaisme

Seeseaisme New Member

Well, my job is safe for now. I was told by the witch I

work for that my position would be filled because I will

take a short term disability for 3 weeks. I will return to

work on Aug 29. I talked to our store director, (who likes

me) and he said he's still calling the shots and my job will

be there when I get back. I'm trying to read the book,

Adrenal Fatigue, by Wilson but

it's hard to concentrate. I just would love any suggestions

you may have on coping skills with chronic illness. Thanks

so much for your help and support.

Never, never, never quit - Winston Churchill
    [This Message was Edited on 08/12/2005]
  13. skinnymini

skinnymini New Member

Ginseng has been renamed by some companies for some reason. Pantothenic acid and all the B Vitamins supplements are good adrenal support supplements. Also, phosphatydil-serine is highly recommended as it regulates cortisone produced by the adrenals and is necessary for stressed individuals to sleep. Vitamin C is used up in great quantities during stress so should be replaced.
    Other supplements which may be helpful are: Royal Jelly, adrenal glandular, adrenogen, cytozyme AD, drenatrophin PMG (?).
    (When I read articles I just add the names of helpful supplements to my lists under the appropriate headings.)
    [This Message was Edited on 08/14/2005]
  14. Seeseaisme

Seeseaisme New Member

Thank you for your reply. For now I'm sticking with the prescribed supplements from doctor's office. They really seem to be helping. I don't know if it's simply that I want to get better, you know, what do they call that (placebo effect?).

I am short term disability from work until Aug. 29, to get rest and take my supp and meds like I'm supposed to. The only way the nurse practioner would agree to sign my paperwork is if I would try the guaifenesin treatment, so I agreed. I think it's terrible that you would have to trade one thing for something else, just to be off work to get away from the stress and get better. Most of the time we are at the mercy of our doc's to some degree.

I ordered the guaifenesin on Sat. so it should be here within a few days and I'll start on that for my fibro as well. So many new things to deal with right now that I really don't see how I could work and do all this. There is a strict protocol for the guaifenesin to work and you have to be sure and read all labels on anything that goes on your body (ex: lotions, shampoo, soap).

I have to get my paperwork signed at my workplace today and then drop it off at doc's office. I'm really trying to get better, but the stress is there. And I'm not to get too stressed. Right!

Thanks for your suggestions , I'm going to copy the replies for future reference if I should need them then.

I hope you have joy in your day. Thanks, CC is me
  15. Mother_Margaret

Mother_Margaret New Member

First off I was wondering what type of work you do ... or whether or not you remember when your CFS started and whether or not you had an odd 'flu' at that time?

I suspect many homones to be off, either high or low, and the adrenal glands, the kidney, the liver, the central nervous system can all be affected (also the pituitary, the master gland)

I'm wondering about 2-butoxyethanol exposure as being a primary cause of all of these things. So, stopping exposure (any and all that you can find) would be a first step.

Look at the red blood cells: size, shape, age, membranes. Is there the right counts but are they small sized, or immature? I suspect this to be the fatigue that this chemical causes: compensated autoimmune hemolytic anemia.
    http://www.valdezlink.com/why_fatigue.htm

You have to check more things to find it out:
    http://www.valdezlink.com/pages/thebasics.htm

Glyconutrients are offering hope for help
    http://www.valdezlink.com/pages/couldtherebe.htm#find
  16. IndianPrincess

IndianPrincess New Member

The nurse you saw is a nurse practitioner. Should be ok for your paperwork.

Cindy
  17. helpeachother

helpeachother New Member