need testimonials please

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by stepmom, Apr 30, 2003.

1. stepmom

stepmom New Member

I am new here, so please forgive me if I do anything wrong.
    I have had CFS for a year now. I worked in the medical field and haven't been able to work since getting sick. I applied, and was turned down for my disability insurance (through work) and I am seeking information on CFS and wanted testimonies from you out there that know the hell I am experiencing. I know the effect it has on me and would appreciate some of your stories to include with mine.

Also, if you have any advise, that would be great also!

Thanks,
    Gena
  2. ForeverFlaring

ForeverFlaring New Member

Welcome aboard! There are a few great threads here on biographies about all of us who have suffered so long and so hard trying to gain acceptance and our health back. I believe there are well over 200 of them. If I were you I would do a search on "biographies" up top where it says "search messages". You should find quite a bit of ammunition there! Print them out and show them to your insurance company! Fight for your rights, and never give up!! Let us know how it goes!

Sandy (FF)
  3. ReallyTired

ReallyTired New Member

You've come to the right spot...If fact, I believe their where several hundred tertimonies (biographies of peoples and how FM/CFIDS has changed their lives) were recently completed for a project that "Jellybelly" was working on. You might to contact her and ask her to email those to you. She shouldn't be hard to find. I almost always see postings from her on this board. Good luck and let me know if you find a good lawyer who has successfully won disability cases for people with CFIDS. I could use one.

Thanks.....Reallytired
  4. layinglow

layinglow New Member

Welcome to the board.
    If you look at the very top of this page, in purple you will find a tab that says "Disability". I read through this the other night, and thought the information was wonderful. There are about 4 links on that page that you can click, for great advice.
    Hope this helps---and again, Welcome!!
    LL
  5. Dara

Dara New Member

I filed for disability through my short term disability carrier through work. I also was denied, denied & denied. But, I didn't give up, after over one year they just contacted me three days ago and have finally agreed that yes, I am unable to work. I did not hire a lawyer, however I told them this last time that if I was denied again I was handing everything over to my Attorney and that not only would I be asking for my monthly disability amount but extra monetary awards for all the emotional stress they caused me & my family. The documentation that I sent them that probably made them change thier mind consisted of: a letter from the State Vocational Rehabilitation Department saying they were closing my file because it was apparent I was too disabled to work. Three letters from three different doctors stating I was unable to work, including sedentary work (that's one the insurance company's love to use). Also, a daily functional assessment form that my doctor filled out stating I could not sit, stand, bend, kneel, use hands or feet for more than 5 to 10 minutes at a time. I hope some of this will help you.

Dara