Need the power of prayer PLEASE!

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by MamaDove, Dec 19, 2005.

1. MamaDove

MamaDove New Member

Hi everyone,

I have been struggling with rectal bleeding for 3 months now, trying everything to stop it...I have UC and all script meds do not agree with me...This bout actually started the day after I tried Stormy's shake, thought it was the flax seed cause I never fare too well with any seeds. Then I thought it was straining while going (sorry for the graphic) and it may have been hemorrhoidal...I also have been grieving the loss of a family member and we all know the major crying fits are good for noone esp. with our conditions, but can't help it...

Been in touch with my gastro who "couldn't see me til January" (this was back in October) BUT he recommended to start the meds AGAIN or a colonoscopy was in order...

Well, I start the prep at 4pm today for the look-see tomorrow...These are not regular UC flare symptoms...After numerous symptoms for 3 months, I am now down to this...Swelled, hard abdomen when pushed on refers pain to my lower back (SI joint? pain for which I have suffered a year), blood in some stool and the rest normal color but thin (can't determine which comes first, that would determine where the disease is located), a feeling of fullness shortly after eating and feeling like I didn't completely evacuate when I went...When I add it all up, the only illness with these common symptoms is colorectal cancer...Other symptoms are "wet gas" and chemical sense in throat, not taste, a feeling of "toxicity" in esophagus, hard to explain but definetely there...

Now I know I am at higher risk cause of the UC so this has caused me much anxiety over the past 10 years...PLUS, my husband's grandmother was just diagnosed with Uterine cancer with the same symptoms I have had...She will be operated on while I am getting my colonoscopy tomorrow...

If that's not enough, tomorrow is the 21st, 8 months since I lost the loved I referred to above...My beautiful boy Moose...Yes, a dog...My lil boy that I adored so much that just thinking of him not here causes my insides to clamp up.

I don't wish this feeling on anyone...I always say that FMS is nothing compared to the pain of losing someone you love, that's how I justify getting out of bed everyday instead of lying there in pain feeling sorry for myself...

Wouldn't ya know, my hubby's Gram is concerned about my test and praying that I don't have to deal with this, my plate is too full allready...

Sorry, this got so long, as usual, I have stuff to purge and what better place than here where everyone truly cares!

Any time you can spare to think of me and wish me well would be appreciated...

Please know that I do read the posts when people ask for help or have a sad story to share and I will send good thoughts their way even if I don't reply to the post...Most of the time I am unable to type like this...You all know how it is...

Love to All~Alicia
    [This Message was Edited on 12/20/2005]
  2. Sheila1366

Sheila1366 New Member

UC is a tough disease.That bleeding is a concern.The color of the blood indicates where the bleeding is.If you have had this before you may already know this but Ihave been told bright red is probaly rectal,brownish red lower intestine and dark or black is upper GI.Shape is important too.Whatever med. you can take to calm this down I would take it.Call dr. everyday if you have to to get in.People cancel appts. everday maybe you can get one of those appts.You take care and let us know how you are doing.
    HUGS
    Sheila
  3. onnaroll

onnaroll New Member

hi im sorry your feeling so horrible. just wanted you to know ill be praying for you. and i wish you nothing but the best of outcome. Please let us know how your doing? Im here with you in heart and spirit . hugs Ronda
  4. Sandyz

Sandyz New Member

I`m sorry to hear your going through all this. You`ll be in my thoughts and prayers. Keep trying the doctor. I hope you feel better soon.

Sandy
  5. shelbo

shelbo New Member

The pain and worry you are going through comes through so strongly it hurts to read your message. I feel your pain so much. You obviously have faith and you need to cling onto that now more than ever! You are in God's hands. I am praying that you will be aware of His presence, that you will feel His love encircle you completely and that you will take all your fears, worries and concerns to Him. He is with you through all this, Alicia. He'll never let go of your hand.

Don't get ahead of yourself with diagnoses...let the docs work that out. You don't know what it is yet...chances are it is NOT Colorectal Cancer. Just keep on praying...we'll pray for you, too! Let us know the outcome as soon as you are able and rest assured that we are all thinking of you and praying for you here!

Keep us updated!

Love, Hugs and God bless, Shelbo x
  6. hagardreams

hagardreams New Member

I know about that colon problems. I am praying for you, it almost sent me over the edge. I still have some problems, but it has gotten better. Focus on something relaxing, thats easy for me to say, but it did help me some. Also remeber the good things about Moose. You will see him again. He is perfect now, and running around having a blast. He would not want you to hurt for him. God bless, Julie
  7. MamaDove

MamaDove New Member

Everyone seems to know exactly what to say...

So glad I have each and every one of you...

For those that mentioned my Moose and how he wouldn't want me grieving...You must all know my WOOBIE...I am sooooo happy for him knowingwhere he is but that doesn't seem to get to my heart and I still miss him so and even worry about him...That's what we call "MAMADOVE"...

I have started the prep and waiting for the wonderful time...I will also follow the advice of not pre-diagnosing and letting it go as it goes...My hubby will be with me...He's the best shoulder I could have to lean on, he can listen for hours to me ramble and only grab his head once or twice...tehe

Well, I am off to the throne to begin my "experience"...Can't thank you all enough for sharing your thoughts and especially the prayers...

Love to ALL~Alicia