Need thoughts and prayers

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by msnova74, Dec 2, 2008.

1. msnova74

msnova74 New Member

Please send your thoughts and prayers. I got into a huge fight with my in laws while DH just sat there. He is usually so supportive. The worst part was my DD, who is 10 heard the whole thing. I am now in the worst flare I have ever had. I know better than to let them bait me about my illness or lack thereof in their opinion.

I feel so alone and little voice in the back of my head (you know the one , self doubt, that wonders if we are all nuts even though we know we are not and this is real) is screaming at me.

2. Janalynn

Janalynn New Member

are on their way........
    did you have a talk with your daughter afterwards? I certainly would if you haven't.

Having fights with anyone is no fun. Certainly worse when it's about your illness - I mean what is there to fight about?????????
    I'm sorry you're feeling badly about it today. You are NOT nuts. Don't let anyone make you feel that way.
    If you feel like sharing more, to get it off your chest........please do.

3. msnova74

msnova74 New Member

Thank you for your kind words. You have no idea how badly i need them today.

Yes I did. All she has ever known is my with this D*%$ disease. She is an extremely bright 10 yo. She was more upset by the way her mamaw and papaw were talking to me than anything else. She knows my disease is real. She has always been inquisitive and understanding. She asks tons of questions.

My in-laws are another matter. They just don't understand why i don't keep an immaculate house and have a 4 course meal on the table every night. Completely disregarding the fact that most of the time I can either cook or clean, and sometimes neither.

They called me lazy among other not so nice things. I was floored by the fact that for the first time my DH did not stand up for me. His parents have never understood my illness. I know that, but the whole thing started over the fact that my floors need vacuuming.

Thanks for letting me rant.

4. Empower

Empower New Member

To hear that they don't understand.

It is quite frustrating, isn't it? But even WE don't understand this DD. And we HATE it! I would give anything to have a day without pain and with some energy

The holidays are even rougher, because we feel the added pressure to perform

I understand

Do something to treat yourself today - that is what I do :)