Need to hear both sides...a/o for whom NAET did NOT work?

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by shelbo, Sep 17, 2005.

1. shelbo

shelbo New Member

Do you put this down to the treatment itself or the practitioner? Thanks so much, Shelbo
  2. elliespad

elliespad Member

It did not work for me. This practitioner tried to use NAET to clear me of allergies. Didn't work. The doctor also used this to "test" certain remedies and supplements. I ended up with reactions/allergies to several that were supposed to me good for me. For example, a B vitamin that was derived from yeast. After taking it, and itching and becomming extremely anxious, I read up on it and found it to come from yeast. Well, I know I am allergic/sensitive to products derived from yeast. Apparently the NAET system does not work for me.
  3. Meekah

Meekah New Member

I've been sick for ten years but was only dx in April of this year. I was told time and time again, by doctors that this "sickness" was all in my head and that if I rested a little that I'd feel better...

I responded to them by telling them that if I rested anymore I'd be in a coma!!!

So, I finally took my health into my own hands and contacted a naturaupath . I've been seeing her since May and I've been having NAET and accupuncture and I can truly say that I have noticed a diffrence for the better. I am not cured, but any improvement from what I felt, I'll take with open arms.

I notice that the fatigue is not as severe and the brain fog is a little better. The one thing that has realy improved is my dizzy spells. I used to get dizzy all the time ( daily) and now I may get a dizzy spell once every two weeks , and even those aren't as severe as before.

Hope this helps!

Hugs and Prayers
    Meekah
  4. shelbo

shelbo New Member

Elliespad...sorry it didn't work for you...do you think it was down to a lousy practitioner, giving you a yeast-derived item when you do not tolerate yeast? Did you check that your practitioner was taught by Devi Nampubripad (can't spell her surname)??? She lists those personally taught by her on her site which is easy to find on a search? Did you ask about the practitioner's track record...get any personal recommendations from others, ask about experience/ quals etc? Thanks for posting! Thanks also Meekah...glad it seems to be working for you...

Any one else?

Thanks Shelbo
  5. shelbo

shelbo New Member

I'm confused now...what is Bioset...should I be looking for a practitioner that incorporates both Bioset and NAET...I didn't really understand what your last comment meant...could you explain..?

Sorry about your stroke and thanks for all the wonderful support you givce us!

Shelbo
  6. Sbilek

Sbilek New Member

Shelbo,

Just thought I'd give you a little more input, and I'm really glad you are researching this well before giving it a shot.

I think Ralph's estimate of the 20% that it doesn't work for is pretty accurate, from my experience. Even though I had tremendous success with it, I know of some who haven't.

My husband had some success, but not as much as I did. He, however, had tremendous success with the JMT. It "appears" to have helped his osteopenia tremendously, and test results confirm it.

Where I went, they incorporate BIOSET with the NAET, and one practitioner there is trained to do the JMT. You can research all those on the web.

BIOSET was started by Dr. Hellen Cutler, and is "kind" of a derivative of NAET.

JMT is the Jaffe, Mellor Technique, not sure if I spelled Mellor right. I don't know too much about it, but as I said, my husband had tremendous success with it.

As I've stated previously, I was extremely skeptical of the NAET before I had it done and continued to be as the treatments progressed, then when I had such great success with it, then I became extremely paranoid that everything would come back.

The few treatments that I had trouble totally clearing, B vitamins and poison ivy, it was suggested many, many times to me about the emotional blockages while I was undergoing NAET. At that time I was not as "enlightened" as I now about energy flow, the body's ability to store memory in the cells, etc.

So at that time when that was suggested to me, it kind of ruffled a few feathers, of course, as we all know, time and time again traditional docs will tell you it's all in your head. Actually, in a way, they are right, but it's not quite as simple as that. Everyone has emotional blockages. These can be cleared through a variety of ways, psychology sessions are the long route.

Believe me, I'm still working on tons of emotional blockages, but I've accomplished a lot since 2001 when I finished my NAET.

Keep doing your homework, and I'm really hoping you will give this treatment a try. Keep us posted.

Oh, also, I do know of some who start the NAET, and they get worse after a few treatments, so they quit and think it's a bunch of quackery, but what is happening is it starts to shift around all those toxins that have been sitting in your kidneys and liver, spleen, etc., and, yes, you more than likely will experience some detoxing effects at first. I know I did, but the practitioners were extremely patient and kind and explained everything, and were very supportive and caring.

You might want to ask some of those questions from the get go about the detoxing effects and how they will handle that.

Re your question about finding a practitioner that incorporates both NAET and BIOSET. I was lucky in that regard, but I'd venture to say that it will be harder to find someone that does incorporate both and even harder to find someone that does JMT as well.

I think you'd be fine with a practitioner that just does NAET, and in my personal opinion, it does not have to be done "by the book" as Dr. Devi recommends.

I think I probably mentioned in a post long ago to you about the fact that you "might" be allergic to your practitioner and that might cause some problems. Don't let that stop you from giving this treatment a try. Tell your practitioner to muscle test you before they start and see if you are allergic to each other. If so, you can be treated and hopefully clear each other.

However, I have to tell you, once I became aware that you can be allergic to another person, I had myself and my husband tested. I was not allergic to him, but, oh, boy, was he highly allergic to me, and they never could clear that. It really bothered my husband, but I thought it was kind of amusing.

Where I went, they always tested their energy with yours before they would start, but, again, this is not mandatory in my opinion and would not keep you from reaping many benefits from this treatment protocol.
    Sbilek
    [This Message was Edited on 09/18/2005]
    [This Message was Edited on 09/18/2005]