need to hear this flare will go away

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by micheline, Apr 18, 2006.

1. micheline

micheline New Member

Hi, I am going through the worst flare I have ever experienced, most of the time I feel pain in my upper back and shoulder area, but once in a while , like this week, I get allover pain from head to toe, the worst part being the exhaustion that comes with it and the tears, whih I suspect come from the tiredness, anyhow I get these episodes every so often although never as bad as it is now, but I seem to forget how long they last, whenever this happens I fear I won't come out of it and I need hope as I want to give up right now, as a point of interest, I think msg is the worst trigger for me, and stress but who knows, it would be interesting to find out what we have in common, also does anyone believe in dr Sarno's theory, about the mind using the body to distract itself from feelings too painful to remember, sorry for the long letter, I do not know anyone in this city, and I am somewhat feeling hopeless right now.also how do I find progress note?, forgive any spelling errors, English is not my first language, anyone feel what I feel? Micheline
  2. Jana1

Jana1 New Member

I wish I could read your biography and know more about you. You sound like a young woman, in a new house..with FM and plumbing problems! WOW..a lot to contend with, for sure.

I know you will get past this flare and soon you will be enjoying the adventure of a new place, and the fun of planning some colors to decorate with, etc.

Is the town new to you too? You will have new walks to go on and new places to see, even if it is just the neighbor's houses.

I used to love to move, but now we have lived in our place for 13 years. We are in the middle of a remodel of the first floor and it is exciting. I am trying to have my kitchen in the laundry room! without a stove, but I do have a micorwave, crockpot, and roaster.

Are you near family? or far away? We have always been far away. In some ways that might be the best way, as I read that a lot of people here have troubles with relatives understanding their sicknesses. On the other hand, many have more support in their families...what is your situation?

I am praying for you, Micheline, to have a let up in your flare so you can remember what the light at the end of the tunnel is like!

Hugs on this spring morning,

Jana
  3. srh

srh New Member

Hope you feel better soon.

I have been feeling rotten for quite some time. I'm not sure about the flares. Mine do not seem to just go away. But sometimes I do have better days, although I haven't had until today.
    So hopefully.

Maybe you could get someone, family, friend, helper, anyone that could come in and help you just one day. Just getting started might give you a boost. Just a thought.
    My granddaughters helped me this last Saturday. They are young, but they actually helped me and it was a godsend.
  4. Pianowoman

Pianowoman New Member

If it helps, a lot of people seem to be in flares right now. One of my friends always says " this too shall pass" and she is always right! It will pass and sooner than you think.

I'm sorry you are in so much pain. I'm sure it causes some of the fatigue. You are making progress in identifying some triggers. Stress is a big one for all of us.

Try to do something nice for yourself today. We all fear for the future but try to take things one day at a time.

Kathy.
  5. NyroFan

NyroFan New Member

Micheline:

Rest and then rest some more. Put a large heating pad around that neck and those shoulders and prop your feet up.
    Put on some relaxing tv or music and wait it out.
    A warm bath might help tonight.
    Rest your weary body.

hugs,

nyrofan
  6. deb06

deb06 New Member

I am not sure I will come out of the 2 plus week flare I am in. I have not left the house or my chair hardly. Typically they don't last this long for me- I really can't take anymore myself.

Are there others out there going thru a particularly rough time right now?

Luv, deb
  7. mom4three

mom4three New Member

You have to feeel like this..

I have been in a bad flare for quite some time so I know just how you feel..

Do you take any medications? Do you have a great doctor?
    Do you work?
    Sorry for so many questions.

I do hope you get some relief soon.

I will pray for you to get a break ok:)

Tracy

[ advertisement ]