Need to move

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia and ME & Chronic Fatigue Syndrome' started by mujuer, Oct 15, 2012.

1. mujuer

mujuer New Member

My Dr.'s have all given up on helping me. Trust me, they have tried. I just can't live in the rainforest anymore. Will need to move soon as the season is on me. Looking in the San Diego area or Phoenix-Tucson area. I only feel good and have some quality of life where it is warm and dry. Not sure how to get plugged in somewhere else. I will be leaving my husband here so I will be solo. Any suggestions?
  2. rockgor

rockgor Active Member

I visited Tombstone a few years ago. It is close to Tucson; well, 70 miles.
    I live in Los Angeles. I found the AZ countryside wonderful. You could see for
    miles. You could see the horizon. Here in LA all you can see is concrete and
    steel. The sky was blue, there were cumulus clouds, the temp was warm,
    the breeze was soft. I felt better, could breath better, actually felt younger
    and healthier.

But, of course, people have different reactions. I said, "Isn't this wonderful!"
    The driver looked around and said, "Looks pretty desolate to me."

Anyway, I would get two notebooks and start making notes on each city. Visit
    the official city sities. Look at real estate ads. Check Wikipedia. Get the
    info on rain and weather and temp.

Check on medical facilities and housing costs. Tombstone wants to preserve
    its 1880s look. No modern buildings allowed. So most people live in the
    little towns around it. Just drove through Tucson, but it was a clean, beautiful
    city.

San Diego is more like LA. Lots of tourist attractions. Fun place to visit.

Good luck with your hunt.

Rock
  3. tamsyn

tamsyn Member

I am sorry for your upheavel and distress. I went throguh this phase with my ME/CFS a few years back; had to move, split from my partner. I tried to turn it into an opportunity to really create the life I needed for myself, so that I could manage my illness and have some better quality of life. I moved to somewhere small and quiet; I made a huge effort to stucture my new life so it would be SIMPLE and managebale. I am happy to say that, in the six years snce then, I have gradually got much better. It is now 14 months and counting since I had a bad relapse (I used to get them every six weeks.) So, think this siutation through in every aspect -- mybe it's a time when important doors will open for you. Make your decisions mindfully, and think about the life you'd really like to have given your health limitations. Then go find it! Good luck!
  4. tamsyn

tamsyn Member

I am sorry for your upheavel and distress. I went throguh this phase with my ME/CFS a few years back; had to move, split from my partner. I tried to turn it into an opportunity to really create the life I needed for myself, so that I could manage my illness and have some better quality of life. I moved to somewhere small and quiet; I made a huge effort to stucture my new life so it would be SIMPLE and managebale. I am happy to say that, in the six years snce then, I have gradually got much better. It is now 14 months and counting since I had a bad relapse (I used to get them every six weeks.) So, think this siutation through in every aspect -- mybe it's a time when important doors will open for you. Make your decisions mindfully, and think about the life you'd really like to have given your health limitations. Then go find it! Good luck!
  5. ksp56

ksp56 Member

I have lived in rainy, gloomy, wet, NE Indiana for most of my 56 year's. Love all of the lake's in our area, but not always the luckiest for sun! And this type of weather make's my body and me, hurt. Badly. We have had a very wet fall.

My best friend live's in Calabasas, CA, in the valley. She also has Fibro and feels much better there than when she come's back to Indiana. She said she could never live here again. Amen. I feel much better when I am out there. We went to Palm Spring's last year and I LOVED how my body felt. It wasn't the hottest time of the summer, but I figure I could go from AC car, to AC shopping, doctor, etc. I really liked the area and the housing seemed reasonable.

I know many who love part's of Arizona. Not so much the Phoenix area. It's a state I would think of. My body does well when we've been in Nevada also.

You have been given good suggestion's. I wish you happiness for you, and your body, wherever you choose. And you have the chance to reinvent your life all over again. Overwhelming, but exciting too! Please let us know what you decide! I'd be happy if we could go somewhere part of the winter, but my husband never want's to retire, which is still several year's down the road. Who knows? I may decide to rent someplace even if it's just me!

Take care and good luck!

Kim

6. mujuer

mujuer New Member

Yes Jamin', the boy's are close to you over in the L.B. I lived in San Pedro in my early 20's and loved that area clear over to Torrance and the Redondo area. Would need a studio to even possibly live anywhere near there.

Tucson, maybe. I do need to write down a few things. I never know when I am going to be taken out for a day and have many bad ones lately. Dead in the water then. I also have Ankylosing Spondylitis and need to be near cancer care clinics to have my Remicade infusions done so I need to look at many things. I have a team of Dr.s here.

I don't have the means to travel to each site as I am saving to just make the move. My husband will be living here and paying mortgage and all that goes with owning a home. I am very sad and upset and panicky all of the time, trying to think and plan.
  7. mujuer

mujuer New Member

I tried that Jammin' First off we had to go gluten free from my husband having celiac. Then came the apple fast and then came the LSD-Low Starch Diet and then came the NSD-No starch diet. It seems to work for only some people, especially the one's with "The Positive Gene". I am negative. It just kept trucking through my poor little body. On TNF blockers now. It's the Fibro. It just flares all the time due to the barometric pressure. One it starts, it aggravates the A.S. It is a perpetual cycle.

I have done my own investigating. I feel great in warm weather.
  8. lukro

lukro Member

I suffer with fms and also feel extremely achy and much pain in cold and rainy weather. I am wondering why? Does anyone have answers or insights?

Thanks.
  9. mujuer

mujuer New Member

Yes, Lurko, there is a lot more info on how it effects us. There used to be minimal information and now I have a lot of it.
  10. lukro

lukro Member

Could you please share any info with me? Thanks.
  11. mujuer

mujuer New Member

Google Fibro and the Barometric Pressure for starters.
  12. mujuer

mujuer New Member

I loved your reply and keep coming back to it. Can we still send private messages on the board?

I am so distressed that the anxiety and panic attacks are disabling me from moving forward. I am in so much pain too. Bedridden again.

The only place I can afford to move to is to my mothers in Kansas which is not optimal to my health either.
  13. lukro

lukro Member

I did not have a clue how much the weather influenced those who suffer with fibro. There's a lot of info online. Thanks.