Need to vent and nurse at work

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by saddlebred, Nov 21, 2006.

1. saddlebred

saddlebred New Member

I just need to vent and I know most of you have probably had this happen too.

I hurt my ack last week at work. They have this "Medcor" with a nurse and dc on site. I went their when my back started hurtung and my leg started to feel numb. They put ice on it and gave me meds. Each day they had me come in and put ice on my back.I tried to tell them the ice made it worse. I also told them the day it happened I had Fibro.
    Today I was summended in the Medcor office for the nurse to give me a once over. She explained I was over my strained back because it had been a week. I told her my back still hurt and it would take more than a week for me strain to heal from exprience. They were upset I didn't come in on my days off to allow them to put an ice pack on my back and give me meds. I told her the ice was making it worse, I was informed it didn't make it worse because she was right and I was wrong!
    I really wanted to tell her off. And on top of that they won't give me my med. records to take to my dc. They say they're their property not mine. I think I'm going to sick my dc. on them.
    Thanks for letting me vent.
    Has anyone else had this type of problems and what did you do?
    Thanks
  2. Susan07

Susan07 New Member

No I have not had this problem but would be extremely frustrated. Maybe if you go to your doctor and complete a form he can request your records?

Hope you feel better soon,
    Susan07
  3. BethM

BethM New Member

I don't know what state you live in, but you might talk to the onsite medical staff about Worker's Comp, since you hurt yourself at work. Workers comp laws vary from state to state.

Also, ice is generally only recommended for a strain after the first 24 to 48 hours. Heat is usually prescribed after that.

In addition, those of us with fibro generally prefer heat to cold, anyway!

Sounds like you are getting poor medical care at work. What are the nurse's credentials? Doesn't sound like she listens well to her patients.

I agree with you that you should see your own doctor.

I hope this makes sense. It's late and I really need to be in bed!

Good luck, let us know what happens with this problem, ok?

Peace,

Beth.
  4. smiffy79

smiffy79 New Member

a nurse at work, got to be as bad as a school nurse who would stick cotton wool in your ears for ear ache when modern medicine says no cotton wool.

be firm with them - you have your own gp who knows what he's doing thankyou.

i do have a ruder version for you but that would earn me a life time ban lol
  5. petesdragon

petesdragon New Member

I never use ice -- it seizes up my muscles. Those Icy-Hot therapy belts from Walmarts really work but use only the heat discs, not the icy ones. Do be sure to follow the directions -- I left one on way over the eight hours it recommends and got a blister. I wouldn't emphasize the fibromyalgia which might be a pre-existing condition. I would emphasize I hurt my back at your company and your nurse made it worse. I bet your doctor can write them a letter saying this is true and also ask for your records if you sign a consent form.