Need to vent......

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by Natedagw821, Sep 24, 2006.

1. Natedagw821

Natedagw821 New Member

Hi all,
    Where do I begin? Well, things haven't really been going too good for the past month. I started school on September 6th and it has been an uphill battle since I started. I'm taking two classes: Calculus 2 and ECE 273(electrical engineering). Needless to say, I am having a very difficlut time. As far as the math class goes, I had a very crappy Pre-calc teacher at a community college; I am paying for it now. I dont even understand the concepts at all in my current class.
    As far as the electrical engineering course is concerned, I am just lost. The teacher does a pretty good job of explaining things, but its the concepts that I dont understand.
    Alot of my problems with school have to do with a psychotic break that I had over a year ago. Ya see, because of my breakdown, I have major cognitive problems. I have a very hard time concentrating. This doesnt help me in the least. Another pain is the FM. It makes going to school very very difficult.

Anyways, I just wanted to vent. Any feedback u provide is appreciated!!!

Nathan
  2. 69mach1

69mach1 New Member

i feel for you...i couldn't even do the courses you are doing to begin with...kudos to making it there already...

get some tutors...ask for appt w/instructors this may help you some..

jodie
  3. mollystwin

mollystwin New Member

My son is also an electrical engineering student. He struggles with his EE and math classes also, and he is healthy! This is a very difficult major and you have health problems to deal with! Not easy!! I really feel for you.

I have a suggestion for helping concentration. Have you tried NADH? That has really helped me with concentration issues at work.

Good luck Nathan. Hang in there!

Are you still planning on going to Detroit FFC?
  4. Jamie4130

Jamie4130 New Member

{{HUGES}} see you need one, i really would look in the tutor good luck! Jamie
  5. jake123

jake123 New Member

I used to go the library and read or work problems from other textbooks. Really, I did this with all subjects - it gave me another view. I took copious notes and went over them every day. I treated school like I was a "highly paid" something or another.
    When I went home, I was a mommy. When they were in bed, it was back to the books for another two hours.
    You can do a modified version of that. I know you can.
  6. Natedagw821

Natedagw821 New Member

Thanks a lot for all the wonderful replies. What is NADH? If it really helps with the concentration, I'll try it. Anyway, Yes, I will try everything you guys mentioned..thanks again!