Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by rkidd3423, Oct 20, 2011.

1. rkidd3423

rkidd3423 New Member

My life is in complete turmoil. I am 4 months behind on my house payment because of my doctor's visits, medicine and unpaid leave at work. My boyfriend is sick AGAIN and may end up losing yet another job (I truly believe he's a hypochondriac). My financial situation is in ruins...yet...I a lot of days I don't feel like going to work but if I don't, I don't get paid. I am really struggling to go to work 40 hours every week, take care of 2 kids every other week and deal with my health issues. I like these message boards because no one judges you if you feel like you just want to throw your hands up in the air and give up! I know I need to make some tough decisions regarding my boyfriend. He used to be supportive but now he's not there for me emotionally, financially or spiritually...yet...I don't see how I can afford anything alone. I make good money but my bills are now outweighing my income due to my illness...and some stupid decisions I have made over the past 3 years. UGH!!!!!!! Thanks for letting me vent!!!
  2. 3gs

3gs New Member

Sounds like you are overwhelmed right now. A little confused if he's not there for you financially then aren't you already doing it alone???

good luck on making decisions-remember health is first
  3. rkidd3423

rkidd3423 New Member

Well, I called Nucynta's 1-800 number and they told me I could get 4 free prescriptions a calendar year. I went to the doctor this morning, received my prescription and went to the pharmacy...only to find out that they were only covering 10 pills and that the doctor would have to write a prescription for 10 and then my other 110 later. It cost me $300 for my prescription so some bills that are supposed to be paid will have to wait. I can't work without my pain medication. I am SO frustrated right now! My boyfriend brings in SOME money and it covered my prescription and left $200. I just want to bury my head in the sand right now!!!!
  4. Mikie

Mikie Moderator

For what you are going through right now. I always think of the advice Dear Abby would give to people trying to decide whether to stay in relationships: "Are you better off with him or without him?"

Prayers going up for you.

Love, Mikie
  5. rkidd3423

rkidd3423 New Member

Thanks for the responses. Nucynta is a new pain medication...similar to morphine. It is the only thing that has worked. As my doctor said...we were down to our last option. If I can take only 1/2 the recommended dose then I can stretch it out for 2 months...that's my plan! Yes...I am totally stressed out and I am better off without him. He is sick now and in bed and says he can't go to work so he will for sure lose his job. The car the was reposessed is in my name as well and I'm the only one with a job and any type of assets so add THAT to my financial strain. I'm positive I will lose my house once they start garnishing my wages for a car I do not have. Right stinks and I don't know what to do anymore. I'm at my wits end! Thanks for the prayers and I will keep you posted!

6. rkidd3423

rkidd3423 New Member

I hate to be Debbie Downer but things aren't any better and I see no way out. I know 1 feels good to vent!!! I am unhappy with the decisions I have made and the way my life is going but feel helpless to change it. I don't have the energy to fight anymore with him. He has no car, no place to live and I feel bad for that so I let him stay. Things are great for a few days and then right back to the fighting. Please keep praying for me because I'm sure the Lord has a plan for me...I just can't figure it out yet! :)

7. Saoirse3

Saoirse3 Member

Though I am not going through what you are, I could have written your letter myself because this has been the year from hell for me too, but in different ways. It beats you down and makes you feel like "What's the point? Life just sucks!" And it gets overwhelming. What I do is work one just ONE thing at a time. After all, a tsunami is still made up of individual drops of water - it's just when you put it all together, it's devastating. A family member (even if he isn't really family just yet) that is draining you emotionally and financially is toxic. I know that firsthand. Our daughter was diagnosed with Borderline Personality Disorder this year (we finally know what we are dealing with) but wreaked so much havoc on our family that we were forced to say "Enough!" She robbed us blind, hauled us through court and took off with our grandson. We haven't a clue where she went and the state couldn't care less. We had no choice but to cut her loose, even though she is our child.

As hard and harsh as it may seem, your main focus has to be on YOU right now. YOU matter MOST. There is a saying among the Bering Sea fishermen that goes "Chip ice or die!" and it mean, literally, when you are out in the freezing cold and ice is forming on your boat, you had better take the time to "chip it" or your boat is going to sink under the weight of it when it builds up. So now you MUST "Chip ice or die" too.

And if you remember just ONE thing, remember this: you are NEVER alone. I don't know your belief system, but when things get overwhelming just ask God for help. It doesn't need to be fancy - just talk to God as you would a friend and say "Look, You know where I am and what is best. I need help because I can't do this all by myself and You know me and what's best for me, so I am letting You take over." Then you TRUST. It works - really!

Soft hugs,
  8. kch64

kch64 New Member

I'm stating the obvious, but unless you want to lose your house, you better catch up on the house payments, illness or not, they don't care.

I know how it is. I work full time (hahaha) lately, I've been missing a lot of work due to flare-ups. No energy, pain everywhere. I've been off four days this week.

I have a little money saved, but it's slowly going away. However, I am getting a paycheck.

No man in my life to help. Divorced a year ago, and ex will send money, but he has his own health issues.

Hope you get your health back, so you can work.

Maybe your boyfriend is sick. I wouldn't be so judgemental being that Fibro patients are often labeled as Nuts. LOL

9. rkidd3423

rkidd3423 New Member

Thanks Stacey! I really appreciate what you are saying. It's hard to let go of someone that you love and care about but if it's toxic and they are dragging you down, tough decisions must be made. I plan to catch up my house payment in the next couple of weeks. I have no money left in savings but thank God I have money in a 401K account that I can take out hardship withdrawals with no penalties.

I am a Christian and I pray regularly. I know that God will not put more on me than I can handle. I hope my situation improves in the next few months. The meds are working so I am not missing work (2 weeks straight with 40 hours!!!). I just need to learn to lean on my friends and family and ask for help when I need it. Pride goeth before destruction and I need to swallow my pride! I love this message board! Everyone is so wonderful!!!

Thanks for all the great advice!
  10. shaz73

shaz73 New Member

sorry to hear that things are so tough for you at the moment. You are not alone...but thats not always much compensation at times is it?

I'm a Christian too and have to regularly pray for enough energy for every day. It can be hard to believe that God will not put more on you than you can handle - I am certainly struggling with that concept at the moment. But keep on keeping on...!

Shaz x
  11. rkidd3423

rkidd3423 New Member

I just need to hit the lottery!!! :)

I have had no money this week but have managed to eat and have gas and get in to my daughter's basketball games so has worked out. Prayer is a powerful thing!