need to...

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by GinnyB, Apr 24, 2007.

1. GinnyB

GinnyB New Member

Real bad day today--little sleep last night due to stomach ache, then diarrhea all day. House a wreck, between the bathroom and having to rest every 10 mins. it took me all day to clean our bedroom and the bathroom. Asked my husband to help, and he exploded. "You want an apartment? Tell me what you want! I have to do the weeding, the yard's a mess." Usually he's really helpful, but the truth is we could use a smaller house, only after 40 years in this one, every Christmas tree planted in the yard, he's dead set against moving. I don't know if we could even afford to move--the "new" house would certainly have to cost enough less than this one to pay the realtor's fee.

This after I went to Philadelphia last week to see a big shot doc I hoped could suggest something to help. What he said was, "This is as good as it gets. I'm amazed you were able to make the trip here." It's an hour by train, but I did have to walk more than I have in years, was totally exhausted for four days.

Sorry, I know so many of you have worse problems, but I had to get it off my chest.

Ginny
  2. FibroPainSufferer

FibroPainSufferer New Member

I’m so sorry to hear you're not feeling well!!! I live in an apartment & I have trouble keeping up with it so I don’t know how you do it with a house. I’m sure your husband isn’t mad at you but mad at this terrible disease instead!

I live in PA also & I’m curious to know who the doctor is you saw last week.

I hope you feel better & I’ll keep you in my thoughts & prayers!
  3. DeborahLynn

DeborahLynn Member

Thanks for letting us help carry your burden. It must be terribly frustrating when even your spouse doesn't understand, especially after you've been sick!

Remember you've got friends here, so come let us hear you, and hopefully that will help!

(((((((Hugs,)))))))

Debbie
  4. GinnyB

GinnyB New Member

Fellow Sufferer,

the doctor's name is Julius Deren. He's a gastroenterologist with an interest in immune disorders. His office is at 218 Wright Saunders Building, Penn Presbyterian Hospital, 39th and Market Sts, Philadelphia. Sorry, I dont have his phone number handy. I saw him for collagenous colitis, not fibro, but many fibro patients also have CC--it's symptoms are identical to those of IBS, and it is frequently misdiagnosed as IBS. I liked Dr. Deren, he was more knowledgeable about CC than my local doctor, but there simply isn't much that can be done for the disease. We need more research big time.

Good luck if you decide to make an appointment.

GinnyB