Need ultrasound on right Ovary

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by laura81655, Nov 22, 2006.

1. laura81655

laura81655 New Member

Hey everyone: I had a routine Pap from OBGYN and he said that my right ovary felt cystic? He said it was just a little enlarged. I don't have pain there, except digestion problems, IBS.

I had a partial hyster, no uterus. Just wondering if anyone else have had this after hyster. I'm 51 going through menopause also. Thanks guys...

~Laura
  2. Clay2

Clay2 New Member

Exactly the same, uterus removed 15 years earlier. Her ultrasound detected a cyst the size of a tennis ball. There were no symptoms at all (she has none of these DDs). If I remember correctly, many women have cysts on ovaries. I know a recent CT scan found cysts on my kidneys and I was told most people have them there after a certain age.

DW had hers removed. If they can get it laproscopically it isn't too big a deal. They tried that with her, but finally had to do normal surgery to find it. It wasn't as difficult a recovery as the hysterectomy for some reason, and now we don't have to worry about ovarian cancer (they took them both).

3. laura81655

laura81655 New Member

Any one else ladies??

Happy Thanks giving!!

Laura
  4. misskoji

misskoji Member

I'm sorry, I don't have any advice or experience to share with you, I just wanted to send hugs and wish you luck on your health.
  5. victoria

victoria New Member

I only knew about it because it was painful - would get sudden shooting pain off and on, must've been when it was enlarging. I had an ultrasound that revealed that's what it was then...

I scheduled laparascopic surgery, but knew it had gone away before I went in because I suddenly had no pain! I only went ahead with it because the doc was also going to laser any endometriosis out and laser had not been available the first time I had a lap to dx that...

But I also wanted to make sure it really was gone... I knew someone who almost died in the ER because one burst, she didn't know she even had it; that is one thing you realllly do not want to have happen!

hope this helps,
    Victoria

6. MamaDove

MamaDove New Member

Ibs and IBD are now considered 'connected' to hormone issues...I am going through this now...A recent crohn's attack was brought on by my cycle two months in a row and the possibility of endometrioisis or ovarian issues may play a role...For me it's been a horror, but I intend on finally getting to the bottom of this, the pain and bleeding has been more disabling than severe fibro/cf, I didn't think it was possible, but it is...

I had an oophrectomy from endo in '93 which I believe triggered all my other illnesses...Now my right ovary seems to be trouble too...The ultrasound I had while in the hospital last week showed a small, endometrial polyp (possibly)...If that is what is causing my problems, it's not so small after all...

I wish you answers in a reasonable time...please share what you find out...