need urgent prayer for a dear friend

Discussion in 'Spirituality/Worship' started by daylight, Jun 28, 2009.

1. daylight

daylight New Member

My husband and I just found out that a friend of our is having a biopsy done to see if he has colon cancer. Our friend is in his seventy's (I think,he may be older) and he only has one lung. So surgery is not a good option for him. He just had a colostomy done and the doctors found a large tumor.
    He is being very brave through this but this is very difficult on his wife and family. Hopefully tomorrow he'll get the results from the testing.
    Our poor church has gone through the wringer this year. With so many people leaving and so many trials plus we need a new smaller church building . Theres a lot more but I won't bore you all with the details . We'll make it through this storm and the next. =)
    Its just so hard to see our friend suffering . He's already gone through a hard life . But he has an amazing wife. She is so beautiful . She has already lost one husband to cancer and now this . It has to be overwhelming her.
    We'll if you all have a moment please lift them up in your prayers. Thank you so much.

My prayers are with you all .

Much love,

D.
  2. windblade

windblade Active Member

Lifting up prayers for your friend - and the biopsy. May God come close to him, and saturate him with his love and care.

And prayers for his wife, that she may stay strong in God's love.

And for your church - that it will have God's blessing and guidance.

Lifting them all up to the compassion and mercy of Jesus. In His Holy Name Amen.

Love, Judy
  3. Doznclan3

Doznclan3 New Member

Praying for your friend tonight.
    He is blessed to have such good friends in you and your husband, asking for prayers in his behalf...what a blessed friend he is.
    Cynthia
  4. jole

jole Member

May our Jesus remain with your friend and give him comfort and healing....and gentle arms for his wife to steady her throughout this ordeal.....love, Jole
  5. daylight

daylight New Member

Hopefully we will be getting some news soon.
  6. TwoCatDoctors

TwoCatDoctors New Member

Prayers for your friend and his wife during this time that he improves and to provide him and his wife with strength. Hugs.