need you again !!!

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by susabar, Jan 23, 2003.

1. susabar

susabar New Member

Everyone was so kind about supporting me with my recent post... Today I talked to my boss about returning back to work, I am usually full time but I am only going to work 24 hours per week to start. My boss let me know in no uncertain terms that he wasn't interested in some one part-time, and or flexible hours etc... so it sounds like I'm backed into a corner... What would you do?? I don't think I can hang with my job full-time, it is so fast paced and pressured. Thanks Again !!!!
    Sue
  2. darlamk

darlamk New Member

Hi Sue, Since you've been off for awhile I assume you have used up your 12 week FMLA right? If not they have to give you that much time before taking your position away from you. I think it would be really tough to try full time right away. Are they that adequately staffed that they would not use you even part time? It seems most jobs like to have part time people since they are "cheaper" for the employer to pay benefits for. Do they allow job sharing? Maybe there is someone in your dept interested in trying that with you. Do you have a scheduling committee or does the boss do it? I would also check with your Human Resources dept about your options of working elsewhere in their system. Just some thoughts....hang in there and try to focus on the positive support you will get from some coworkers.Be sure to take your breaks and drink lots of water. I'm so sorry you are going through this (been there-done that)Prayers going up for you!
    Sincerely,
    Darla