Need your exercise tips

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by Princessraye, May 25, 2003.

1. Princessraye

Princessraye New Member

Hello

I walk about 20 minutes a day (on my breaks at work)
    Of course like most others, I do what house work I can and got to the grocery (even if I am so tired I get a cart to lean )
    I feel like my muslces are getting weaker and I was always very strong.
    I know I can't go to a gym and lift weights (couldn't afford it anyway)
    I thought maybe some of you do something at home for muscle strenght and you might be able to give me some tips.
    Thanking you in advance.
  2. donna13210

donna13210 Member

.....entitled "Exercise...How Does One Get Started?" dated 5/10/03. I posted the topic and got quite a few good ideas. Also if you put "exercise" in the search box, you'll probably get pages and pages of ideas from previous posts.

See ya later PrincessRaye! :)
  3. Fairyeyes

Fairyeyes New Member

Have you ever seen those resistance bands that have handles on the ends? If you are not feeling very strong, here's a cheap alternative:
    take a pair of old pantyhose, tie knots on the toe parts so you have something to hold onto. Then you stand on the crotch part, and you hold the toe parts in each hand, and do a variety of arm movements(curls and the like). Also, while standing on the crotch part, and holding the "handles", you can do squats.
    another alternative is to fill water bottles, and use them as hand weights. Fill the bottles with only enough water as you can handle.

I do butt squeezes while stuck in traffic or watching television. other good thing to do: during commercials on tv, do leg lifts, and crunches if you can.

remember with strength exercises, you can do a little here and there peppered thru out your day, especially if sustained periods of exercise throw you into a flare-

listen to your body, don't over do it.
  4. sb439

sb439 New Member

The waterbottle weight idea is fantastic! Two 500ml Evian bottles will do just fine, but I'll see whether other 500m. bottles are even better shaped. Thought about buying small weights yesterday for arm muscle training ... no need for that anymore!

Princessraye,
    When I get up every morning I do 10 minutes arm and shoulder muscle training, sitting down or kneeling on my bed, in front of a mirror. Just the usual 'aerobics movements', building up from 20 each to 50 each. I saw some results very quickly. (And now I'll start doing them with waterbottles in my hand ;-) )

best,
    Susanne
  5. Elbryan

Elbryan New Member

I just started aquatic workouts and I feel great with them. My FM still acts up as usual,but I can do the work outs and I feel much stronger then I was before I started.
    Hope this helps.

[ advertisement ]