Need your help - new CFS/FM book

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by LisaL, Nov 19, 2002.

1. LisaL

LisaL New Member

Hi everyone,

What a great community you have here! This is the first time I have stopped by.

I'm posting to ask for your help and participation. I'm currently helping out with a new book on chronic fatigue syndrome and fibromyalgia. The book, "Living Well With Chronic Fatigue Syndrome and Fibromyalgia," will be the third in the "Living Well" series by best-selling author, Mary Shomon, and will be published by Harper Collins in 2003.

The book will feature lots of stories and quotes from CFS/FM patients, and that's where you come in. We need your personal stories and experiences on topics such as:

-how you got diagnosed
    -frustrations with physicians, the diagnostic or treatment process
    -what treatments have worked and haven't worked for you (both prescription and alternative approaches)
    -Chiari surgery
    -frustrations with the process of diagnosis
    -frustrations with the treatment process
    -success stories of all sorts -- spiritual, physical, mental, etc
    -how you live with your illness, "secrets of success," etc.
    -humorous stories
    -your opinions on the name change issue

You don't have to be "a writer" and you don't have to write a lot--a couple of paragraphs would be welcome, though if you want to write more you can. You might even want to share just a few words of wisdom (e.g. "My secret to success is I laugh every day.") Stories of inspiration and success are great, but if you want to rant and rave, we want to hear that too. All submissions will remain strictly confidential. If you volunteer to send a submission and it (or an excerpt) is included in the book, you will remain completely anonymous--unless you specifically request otherwise.

We need your stories and quotes right away. All selections will be chosen within the next three weeks. So if you'd like to contribute, you can do so in an email to cfsfibrobook@yahoo.com. Please send all contributions ASAP, but no later than Dec. 3, 2002.

Please help make this book a real and accurate portrayal of CFS/FM by making your voices heard!

Thanks and best to all of you,

Lisa
  2. LisaL

LisaL New Member

Hi everyone,

What a great community you have here! This is the first time I have stopped by.

I'm posting to ask for your help and participation. I'm currently helping out with a new book on chronic fatigue syndrome and fibromyalgia. The book, "Living Well With Chronic Fatigue Syndrome and Fibromyalgia," will be the third in the "Living Well" series by best-selling author, Mary Shomon, and will be published by Harper Collins in 2003.

The book will feature lots of stories and quotes from CFS/FM patients, and that's where you come in. We need your personal stories and experiences on topics such as:

-how you got diagnosed
    -frustrations with physicians, the diagnostic or treatment process
    -what treatments have worked and haven't worked for you (both prescription and alternative approaches)
    -Chiari surgery
    -frustrations with the process of diagnosis
    -frustrations with the treatment process
    -success stories of all sorts -- spiritual, physical, mental, etc
    -how you live with your illness, "secrets of success," etc.
    -humorous stories
    -your opinions on the name change issue

You don't have to be "a writer" and you don't have to write a lot--a couple of paragraphs would be welcome, though if you want to write more you can. You might even want to share just a few words of wisdom (e.g. "My secret to success is I laugh every day.") Stories of inspiration and success are great, but if you want to rant and rave, we want to hear that too. All submissions will remain strictly confidential. If you volunteer to send a submission and it (or an excerpt) is included in the book, you will remain completely anonymous--unless you specifically request otherwise.

We need your stories and quotes right away. All selections will be chosen within the next three weeks. So if you'd like to contribute, you can do so in an email to cfsfibrobook@yahoo.com. Please send all contributions ASAP, but no later than Dec. 3, 2002.

Please help make this book a real and accurate portrayal of CFS/FM by making your voices heard!

Thanks and best to all of you,

Lisa
  3. blondieangel

blondieangel New Member

Just click on my name and look up all my old posts. You can quote me anywhere you like. Some of them are very appropriate for a book on FM. You have my permission to use anything I wrote here, as long as it is not changed at all.

Any of your questions would take a book just to answer!

Let us know when the book comes out. Thanks.