NEED YOUR INPUT NEUROLOGIST VISIT

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by Lolalee, Aug 10, 2006.

1. Lolalee

Lolalee New Member

Hi everyone. I have an appointment with a Neurologist tomorrow (new doctor for me). I'm seeing him because I had a temporary blindess episode in my left eye and I'm getting weird sensations on the left side of my body as well. For example, I have headaches on the top left side of head, pain and numbness in left leg.

I know that some of you see a Neurologist for FMS and/or CFIDS and I want to get the max out of my visit. My question to all of you is, are there any specific questions or tests I should be addressing with him? If there a possibility he could help me with these illnesses, I don't want to miss out.

I hope this makes sense.

Thanks,

Lolalee
  2. Fudge43

Fudge43 New Member

Lolalee .. I saw a neurologist ( and had a nerve conduction test) .. they give you simple physical tests .. testing your balance and sensitivity ..
    I would ask for a cat scan or MRI of the brain .. just to be on the safe side ..
    Write down any questions you have .. I used to feel like an idiot about that .. but it is too imortant ..
    Good Luck !
    Joy
  3. Lolalee

Lolalee New Member

Thanks for taking the time to respond to my post. I appreciate your suggetions.

Lolalee
  4. ajp

ajp New Member

Hi,

Sorry to hear about your problems. Please ask him about Lyme disease. Your symptoms...left side pain and numbness and vision problems are all symptoms of Lyme disease.Let me know how you make out.

Mindy
  5. NyroFan

NyroFan New Member

lolee:

I see a good nuerologist. I would just give a full history on the papers they give you before the visit.

One of the best things I did was see a nuerologist.

Nightime seizures dx-ed during sleep study:
    remedy- Klonopin.

I never would have known.

nyrofan