Need your prayers for surgery on Friday and my sanity!

Discussion in 'Spirituality/Worship' started by griswoldgirl, Sep 18, 2002.

1. griswoldgirl

griswoldgirl New Member

i have other posts on the fms board so I will not bore you with the details.

i am having orthoscopic surgery on my knee on friday to repair torn meniscus and see how bad the ACL is severed. right now the plan is to leave the ACL alone and see how I fair after the ligaments are repaired.

this is the first surgery, after many that my husband will not be with me and I am feeling lonely and scared. I had to scramble to have friends take me and pick me up from day surgery because they all work. I am suppose to have someone with me the first 24 hours and have a friend spending the night.

Pray for my children! they are real scared. I have been suffering from severe pain and depression and they are not used to seeing me this way-they are used to me pulling myself up by the bootstraps and keep on keepin' on-but this time is different. I have crashed and burned and am more tired and sore than I ever remember being in my life. Just think because I am not working, and stopped pushing I am feeling what has been there all along with full force.

What they see right now is things not getting done and a mom that is cranky and sleeping all the time. I hate that for them-My mom had MS and I grew up real fast and took care of her since I was 7 and I do not want this for my children-pray that this is temporary and I will snap out of this deep dark place Iam in.

I pray all the time and read the bible. I am going to a new church-falling out with the one I attended for 2 years, so no one from church really knows me and what I am going through. Time to let them know I suppose, huh?

Pray for strength, courage, acceptance and me drawing nearer to god.

thank you

cathy
  2. deecrossett

deecrossett New Member

Our Loving Father, Your child, Cathy, is in physical and emotional pain. I ask that You shine Your Holy light upon her and bring peace back to her soul. Watch over her Doctors and guide their hands and instruments to help her to heal. Cathy also has turmoils over her children; please help Cathy to silence the guilt and frustration she is feeling. Cathy's children are also in need of courage, to help Cathy through her healing and depression. Help them to see that caring for their Mother in Your name is indeed a blessing and encourage them to give their support to Cathy. I pray this in Your Son's name. Amen.
  3. selma

selma New Member

All our prayers will be with you and your family.
    Know that you aren't alone in the hospital.

Love, Selma
  4. Shirl

Shirl New Member

untill I hear that you are home and doing fine! Also for those children too.

Blessings and prayers going your way right now.

Shalom, Shirl
  5. Harmony

Harmony New Member

I sure will pray for you, Cathy! God knows your heart, Cathy, and knows your desire to draw near to Him. He will bless you for it. With all you are going through, sounds like you are going in the right direction, by doing what God would have you do. I hope you like your new church and you will find many friends there that you can fellowship with. I pray the surgery goes well for you.

Love,
    Harmony
  6. Mikie

Mikie Moderator

My prayers are with you and your family. It is hard for our loved ones to watch us suffer. I've been so damned tired that my place is a mess. Unfortunately, I've also had appointments, so I've not even had the luxury of staying in bed all day to get some energy. I've been through these crashes enough times to know that eventually I'll start feeling better, and so will you. We are all praying for you; try to stop worrying and just feel our love coming your way and have faith that God will provide whatever you need.

We are all so strong and we are all survivors. I assure my kids that what I have isn't going to kill me but that it makes me really sick and can make me depressed too. Of course, now that they have FMS, they know what I'm talking about. It's equally difficult for me to watch them suffer with this.

Prayer is powerful and doesn't require that one be there to make a difference because the energy of our prayers will be there. Try to relax and focus on using your energy for healing instead of worrying. It will be OK.

Love, Mikie
  7. PMangels

PMangels New Member

Dear Jesus, I pray that you will be with Cathy as she has her surgery. I pray that you will calm her anxiety, fears and loneliness and give her peace. Touch her body and give her strength so she can heal and take care of her family. Dear father, wrap your arms of love around her children and help them not to be afaid. They have been through so much and it may be hard for them to understand all that is going on with their mom. Let us remember that God is our refuge and strength in times of trouble. Thank you Jesus for loving us. Amen

Love,
    Arlene
  8. griswoldgirl

griswoldgirl New Member

U will let you guys know as soon as I am coherant how I am doing-the night before surgery nmot going well-children did not do one thing I asked of them to help clear the cludder. so I am getting up at 5 am so i can fix the mess before going to surgery.

friends also no show on cleaning plans-just worried about clutter being out of my way so I do nto break a leg getting into the place

love and respect

cathy
  9. Ihop811

Ihop811 New Member

I wish I could have been there to clear your clutter. I would have done it in a heartbeat. I asked about you on another board to see how you were doing. I can honestly say that I completely understand. Seven years ago, my Camaro was broadsided by a propane truck. It was only by the grace of God that I survived. In fact, many of the emergency workers told me afterward that I was extremely lucky. I told them that it had nothing to do with luck. I had an angel by my side. Anyway, my femur was pushed into my tibia at such an impact, that it blew the top of my tibia (shin bone) off. The doctors put it back together with an "L" shaped metal plate, 7 screws, and 2 wires. They also had to use someone else's bone to fill in the holes because I didn't have enough left. I was in the hospital for 12 days. I was on crutches for 6 months and extensive physical therapy for a year. I had to learn how to walk again, literally. My daugter turned 2 a week after I got out of the hospital. I was a single mom, and I got no help from my mother. I understand the tripping over clutter too. I have to drive myself 70 miles to the hospital because I fell over a chair in the dark. I've had two other surgeries since then. The second surgery, they took out the hardware and cleaned out the floating cartilage. The third, they shaved my meniscus because it was so fraid, and they sucked out what was left of my cartilage. Now, my ACL is real stretched out of shape and I have to wear a brace a lot of the time to hold my knee in place. I now have severe arthritis. Plus, I found out that my so called good leg will have to be broken. It is bowed from birth, so my weight is not evenly distributed and I am losing my "good" knee. By breaking it and re-aligning it, it can grow back together straight. That will all have to wait. I'm currently tired of surgery. The orthoscopic surgery wasn't nearly as bad as the first two. Your recovery should be rather quick. I know it hurts right now, and it's all swollen, and it doesn't even look like your leg, but give it some time. Your leg will come back!
    I didn't mean to write a book, I just wanted you to know that I understand completely and I wish you a very speedy recovery.
    My prayers are with you.
    ~Patty
  10. Jaimy

Jaimy New Member

my heart goes out to you and your family.....Mikie is right, you are a survivor, and you will be just fine.....(I can't 'beat' her post, it was perfect.....)

we are all pulling for you...

blessings to you!

Love,
    Jaimy
  11. kadywill

kadywill New Member

God hears our prayers for you and your family. He'll be with you guiding the surgeon's skillful hands.
    Be at peace!

Love in Christ,
    Kady[This Message was Edited on 09/26/2002]
  12. Julygal

Julygal New Member

Cathy, I just read your posting & pray that you are doing so much better by now. I love "Footprints" that was mentioned. My favorite scripture that the Lord gave me during a really trying time is Psalm 94:19 (Living Bible translation is what I memorized & say often)

"Lord, when doubts fill my mind, when my heart is in turmoil, quiet me and give me renewed hope and cheer."

This scripture is like pouring a healing ointment over me! I pray it will do the same for you. Confidently, I know God will provide for all of the difficult situations you are going through, so please don't lose hope!

I have something that was just sent my way, that I want to share with you tomorrow. It's 12:30 PM now, so I'd better get to bed. God bless you, fellow dear Christian, and your precious children.

With love & prayers,
    Carolyn
    God bless
  13. pamela

pamela New Member

Dear Cathy,

I know what you will be going through. I too will bedoing surgery in a few months. I will pray for you tonight as I do every night pray for every body that I can think of. Hang in there it will be all over--Pamela