Need your prayers

Discussion in 'Spirituality/Worship' started by susabar, Jul 17, 2004.

1. susabar

susabar New Member

I have fibromyalgia... and we aren't supposed to vent about family situations there. This is my problem.. I support our family, my husband is mentally ill and has a bad back ( which may be related ) I have a ten year old girl who needs me very much and an elderly father who is making frequent trips to the hospital for age related problems. I am a believer in fact I would be crazy right now if it wasn't for the grace of the Lord.!!!
    My husband drains me with his crazy behavior etc... He does not contribute to the chores etc... in fact he makes messes. I am considering separating from him, I know what the Bible says about marriage. What would you do ??
    I pray constantly
    Sue
  2. Sandyz

Sandyz New Member

I`m sorry to hear things have been so difficult for you. I don`t knew what to tell you. My husband can be very obsessive-compulsive and it drives me crazy too. I guess you need to ask yourself if your better off without him. Have you tried to get some counseling, it can`t hurt.

ALso just taking some time away from each other helps. Even a few days, a person can come back and look at the problem a little differently and with a clear head when your not in the midst of it.

Will be praying that you get some answers on what to do about all this.

Best wishes,
    Sandy
    [This Message was Edited on 07/19/2004]
  3. PrayerWarrior316

PrayerWarrior316 New Member

I'm sorry that you are going through so much, I don't have any advice for you. But, I will certainly be praying for you and your family.

Blessings, Judy
  4. Yesh

Yesh New Member

except my son is the one who is mentally ill, he has schizophrenia, and sometimes I am just about crazy with his behavior, especially when he quits taking his meds because he thinks he does not need them.

Any way, I believe people who are mentally ill have a special place in God's heart because most of the world rejects them because they are different. I could not imagine tossing out a person God holds dear to his heart.

The Bible says God will NOT give us more than we can handle, and if we walk out because we think we cannot handle any more, we miss the blessing God intended for us to have.

Because of my son's mental illness, he has several services available to him from the department of social services, such as a personal care aid who makes sure he bathes, brushes his teeth, shaves, changes his clothes, etc. he also has a nurse who comes in to make sure he is taking his meds, monitors his mental state, and other stuff. He also has a house keeper who comes in and cleans his room, washes his clothes, cooks him meals, dusts, vacumes, cleans the bathroom etc. All paid for by the state. Also he has been approved for ssi.

I don't know if you have checked into any of this, but it may be worth a try. The program my son is in is called aid to the aged, needy, and disabled.

I will be praying, I know it is not easy taking care of a mentally ill person, especially for people like us who have fibro.

God Bless

yesh