Need your prayers

Discussion in 'Spirituality/Worship' started by daylight, Aug 30, 2006.

1. daylight

daylight New Member

I have been on SSI for almost six months now and I need a job. My husband refuses to go to church right now and I haven't been because of illness(mostly) in about a year. I have FM,hypothyroidism,neuropathy in my back,feet,hands and face,chronic sinusitis. So I'm sick alot but I have to do this. The problem is that I just don't know where to look for a job. I've worked retail/management,some office work,and as a social workers asst.. I was fired as a SSA for being sick and I don't know have to explain being out of a job this long to a potential employer. My husband can't take the full financial load on his own so I have to at least try. I also need clothes. Since I've been on all the pain meds. I've gained a few more pounds and the few clothes that I had don't fit.
    I also need prayer for my husband and my children to come to know the Lord.I've been a Christian for several years and my family just doesn't understand that the insults,remarks from them are cutting. We're a mess but I know that God's good at fixing problems.
    Thank you for your prayers.
  2. morningsonshine

morningsonshine New Member

Will pray, you need to be added to the prayer list here.
  3. windblade

windblade Active Member

Will be praying for all of your needs - yours and family's.

Praying for God to give you ideas on what kind of job to look for. Are you thinking of part-time because of your limited energy?

Bless you, and keep on posting to let us know how things are going.

((HUGS))
    Judy
  4. Asatrump

Asatrump New Member

Your name, Daylight sounds like that is exactly what you need. You are in a horrible situation right now. Prayers will be said that you may see daylight, and find answers to at least some of the issues that face you.

You will receive prayers here. May I suggest you post on the regular forum, perhaps there will be replies offering some more advice on how to solve some of these situations.

May the Lord give you strength, and ease your pain and troubled life. I ask in His name.
  5. morningsonshine

morningsonshine New Member

Really liked your reply to daylight,

Daylight,
    Will be praying for God's light to shine down on your situation, and bring light into the darkness.

"We're a mess but I know that God's good at fixing problems."
    You are right, hold on to that idea, when things get tough!, And thank Him when you do get some daylight shining in!

So many times in the last 2 years, i've come to the point, of complete despair, and cried out to the Lord for help, because i was sooo helpless, and just couldn't seem to breath or see in the dark.

All my problems didn't magically go away, but i always got the little lift i needed to keep going.

A friend would drop by out of the blue, and bring food, my mom called one time and said,"i'm coming to clean your house." My pasor would call, and say, "Do you need prayer, you're on my heart"

Each time i knew it was directly from the hand of God, and He heard my, prayer, and had not abandoned me.

I would feel ever so loved in the midst of pain, and extreme overwhelmed anxiety.

Praise the Lord!

6. daylight

daylight New Member

Thank you all so much for your kindness.I feel like things will change for the better. It is my desire to be able to go to church this week. I don't have a home church so I really need God's direction. My husband and I are celebrating our third aniversary this weekend so (maybe) he'll go with me.
  7. kgangel

kgangel New Member

Dear Daylight ,

I am praying God will be with you and your family to help you through

I am so sorry you have to go through all this I will pray God will lead you to a good job and help that you need

God Bless

kgangel