need your thoughts on why antibiotics seemed to clear up the CFS

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by el_cubano, Sep 4, 2006.

1. el_cubano

el_cubano New Member

A few months ago I went on antibiotic regimen when my dentist said I needed a root canal. So he put me on penicillin for a few days before the procedure. after about 3 or 4 days on the antibiotics I began to feel a renewed sense of energy and vitality....something I haven't felt in almost 10 years. I quit taking the penicillin and slowly the brain fog and fatigue came back. A couple of weeks ago I got an upper respiratory infection and I started back on the penicillin. The brain fog and fatigue went away again. This is strange to me and I can't figure out why. Of course, I'm not complaining, but I'm baffled as to why the antibiotics would do that. I will certainly not going to keep taking antibiotics because I know all the problems continued use can cause, so I'd like to know what natural things I can take that will do the same thing as the antibiotics to keep me energized. Any thoughts? Thank you in advance!
  2. mollystwin

mollystwin New Member

you have some other bacterial infection that clears somewhat when you are on antibiotics, but it's not enough to wipe it out and then it comes back when you go off?

Did you ask your dr about this? Maybe some blood work is in order.
  3. Adl123

Adl123 New Member

Dear El-Cubano,
    My Dr. in Oakland discovered that I have seeral points of bone marrow infection in my gums. Theses are from root canals. He feels that the chronic infection is part of the cause of my CFIDS. Unfortunately, I can't take antibiotics, but, that might explain why you feel better while taking them.

It sounds like you have a chronic infection of some kind. My Dr. told me tht if I could clear up the infection, I would feel about 70% better.

I hope this helps.
    Terry
  4. victoria

victoria New Member

Find a doctor who is lyme-literate. They don't only treat lyme, and they will treat you based on the clinical picture you present ,plus the facts of what you've reported and regardless of what blood tests show (or rather, don't show, as they're highly unreliable for stealth pathogens anyway).

Another place you might find help is the Fibro & Fatigue Centers, they will also treat you based on clinical picture despite what tests show/don't show.

Or possibly an alternative medicine MD... there is a special organization in general for them, but don't remember the name, something like ACAM acronym.

Hope this helps!
    Victoria
  5. jarjar

jarjar New Member

You need to get an Igenex western blot for lyme. It reminds me of the Dr. in Houston who had fm/cfs and a full practice of fm/cfs patients. He as well as all of his patients tested postive for lyme.
    That is where the future is for cfs and fm patients.
    That is the reason you feel better as its bacteria that is causing you to be ill.
  6. acuario

acuario New Member

welcome to this place.
    Maybe you have a chronic viral infection/stealth virus, or fungus infection that is in your system. my worst symptom is foggy brain. a lot of people with this symptom had been helped with antibiotics. others with heparin injections. I was diagnosticated with candida and a lot of fibrin in my blood that means stealth virus.

cubano can you tell more about all your symptoms and how you got them please?? thanks
    acuario
    [This Message was Edited on 09/05/2006]
  7. el_cubano

el_cubano New Member

I didn't expect to see so many helpful replies, but I was highly encouraged to see them! Thank you again, you don't know how helpful it is.

I will definitely call my doctor and see if I can get an appointment right away.
  8. victoria

victoria New Member

antibiotics do not kill anything other than bacteria...

so they do not kill virii/viruses or fungi.

Keep us all posted el_cubano as to what tests and/or trials of meds that you try, everyone's responses is not the same but always educational.

all the best,
    Victoria

9. butterfly8

butterfly8 New Member

I have had several courses of antibiotics since being diagnosed with cfs but, unfortunately, I have not had anything like what you have experienced.

A natural antibiotic, antiviral and antifungal produce is olive leaf extract. I take 5 mls of the liquid every day. It is not a fast cure - even if it is a cure which is debatable.

Some people do herx on it and so it is not for everyone. However, since you have such positive results with the penicillin, it is something you might consider looking into.
  10. lenasvn

lenasvn New Member

If your interested there is a Professor named Garth Nicolson (have a site, easy to find googeling). He speaks about viruses that trigger CFS, FM and GWS. He speaks about antibiotics.

Sloppy answer, but I am almost sleeping,,,