Needed to vent....

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by Manaleon, Sep 9, 2008.

1. Manaleon

Manaleon New Member

I had physical therapy this morning, then I left from there to meet up with my husband to have lunch with a friend. Our friend leaves for college again in a few days and we won't see her again until next June so it was out last chance to get together. It started raining as I was driving to the restaurant to meet them. Lately I've only been wearing flip flops because my feet burn if I wear enclosed shoes. Anyways, I get the the restaurant, open up the front door, and slip on a puddle right on the inside of the door. I fell really hard on my knee and I could tell my SI Joint had gone out from the fall. I finally got up with my husband's help and walked to the front desk to tell them they needed to mop it up before someone else got hurt. The lady looks at me and says "No wonder why you fell, you're wearing flip flops in the rain" I felt like crying more from her words than the pain. They put a mat there after and there was no more problem after that. Of course they should have done that in the first place. The water I slipped on was not tracked in by me(there was way too much). A little compassion would have been nice. So tonight I noticed I have an 'egg' on my SI Joint and I'm in a ton of pain.
  2. glenda2

glenda2 New Member

it does not matter what shoes you had on!!!!they should have mopped up that water before you even got there. they are lucky you didn't sue them. alot of people would. i know accidents happen but they should atleast apologized(spelling?)to you.

i would call the supervisor and report her to them. to many mean people in the world anymore.

i hope you feel better soon!!! don't let that lady bother you because she isn't worth the worry to you. she is the one who should feel bad.

God bless you

3. jewels920

jewels920 New Member

I can tell she was reacting inappropriately because she was worried about the liability of your fall. People try to cover mistakes like that by saying something outrageous.

Love and hugs.

4. misskoji

misskoji Member

And that they treated you so badly. But my dear, you need to be assertive and make them realize this is THEIR liability. I'm not a big cheerleader for civil litigtions, but think about this. Your medical bills from this fall. Not to mention if you flare now because of this injury. (pain and suffering)
    I would suggest you go back into that place with anyone that witnessed you fall and write up or serve them an incident report and/or talk to attorney. Good luck hun, and I hope you feel better soon.
  5. Manaleon

Manaleon New Member

Thank you for the support. It helps to know there are still some caring people left in the world. I plan on talking to the manager about it.

*soft hugs*