Needing a Local Support Group

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by Peppie, Mar 26, 2003.

1. Peppie

Peppie New Member

Hi,

I am looking for a local CFIDS support group in my home area. So far, the closest ones I have found are an hour's drive in any direction from me. I live in the Rancho Cucamonga, CA area and would appreciate any info. or even finding SOMEONE in my area that has CFIDS that I can call to begin developing a souuport system. I was just diagnosed in January.
    Thanks!!!
  2. teawah

teawah New Member

Hey, don't wait for someone else to come up with it, start it yourself!! There are probably a number of people in your area with the same dx but nobody has started one yet. Just use the old computer and print up some flyers and start having them pinned up around town. Give a phone number for people to call and I bet you will be suprised by the amount of responses you get. Oh and make it for FM too as alot of FMers also have CFS.

It could be that everyone has been too tired to do it themselves:)

Good Luck!
    teawah
  3. Shirl

Shirl New Member

Hi Peppi, welcome to the board. Teawah gave you some good adivce! Start your own group.

You can try calling the Arthritis Foundation and see if they have a CFS group near you also.

In the meantime you are more than welcome to join us here, we would be glad to have you, and I know you will find some great friends here.

Again, welcome to the board!

Shalom, Shirl